Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always do a kilt blowing wedding...
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Lol.. no..no scarring the guests for the rest of their lives thanks.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
        Oh and make sure you wedding favors match your theme. I can't think of suggestions, but I'm sure you both have amazing ideas.
        Ah, for wedding favours, the plan is to have little bags made to match whatever colours we use, and they will contain M&M's (for Mytical and Marmalady)
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          Ah, for wedding favours, the plan is to have little bags made to match whatever colours we use, and they will contain M&M's (for Mytical and Marmalady)
          You can get M&M's printed with photos or words on them, they even do a wedding service.

Linky linky

So you guys could easily get a mix of ones that say "Mytical & Marmalady" "Wedding Date" and your photos?

Comment

I didn't know that! *grins* But I do now...

He doesn't want to wear a monkey suit and a tie, I don't want a strapless dress and a spray tan. What we want, above all, is a joyful occasion, a celebration, with everyone relaxed and comfortable and enjoying themselves.

I will just say this, though....These plans are very exciting to make, but as I have told Myt, if all we can afford is to go to the local registrar in whatever we have that's clean and pressed, followed by a cup of tea and a bun in a cafe, that would be just fine with me
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
              if all we can afford is to go to the local registrar in whatever we have that's clean and pressed, followed by a cup of tea and a bun in a cafe, that would be just fine with me
              I wholeheartedly agree, one hundred percent.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

One of my good friends (for whom I will be maid of honor) is doing a Queen of Hearts theme from Alice in Wonderland. I'm pretty excited for that.

I think both autumn and winter weddings sound lovely. As someone said before, with autumn, you can play around with the natural colors outside. It's such a pretty season. With winter, everything is white and pure and just beautiful, but I also think that winter kind of sucks with driving situations and weather hazards. Had to miss a cousin's wedding before because the roads were icy as hell and we spun out a few times attempting the drive.

Comment

That would be the thing that would put me off.... possible hazards on the roads, I wouldn't want to think of anyone being in danger trying to get to the wedding.

Comment

Questionfrom a newb....where is wedding going to be?

Comment

We have seen a couple of places we like (Marm has the links) and are still deciding on that. I am hoping for something like a Ren Faire or similar type place. Most likely in England.

Comment

I would dearly love something along the lines of these places....

http://www.albiondays.co.uk/page3.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipsnade_Tree_Cathedral

Or there's a 16th century barn not very far away from me.....all fully restored

Comment

When my cousin got married she didn't have bridesmaid's and groomsmen. She had a Bride's Crew and a Groom's Crew. So both sides of the wedding party were a mix of genders based on who was most important to the Bride or Groom. For example her brothers and sisters were in her crew along with one of her female best friends, and he had his sister, one of his male best friends, and a few female best friends.

It was nice because each person got to have the people they care most for on their side.
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                            When my cousin got married she didn't have bridesmaid's and groomsmen. She had a Bride's Crew and a Groom's Crew. So both sides of the wedding party were a mix of genders based on who was most important to the Bride or Groom. For example her brothers and sisters were in her crew along with one of her female best friends, and he had his sister, one of his male best friends, and a few female best friends.

It was nice because each person got to have the people they care most for on their side.
                            ...that is a seriously cute idea. o.o Borrowing that for if/when I get married.
                            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                              ...that is a seriously cute idea. o.o Borrowing that for if/when I get married.
                              Same here. Especially because I have quite a few male friends who I'm sure would look great in my crew, while my boyfriend has some female friends he'd want to use in his crew =p

Comment

@Marmalady: Those are absolutely beautiful venues and they'd work so well for a wedding on a nice, clear Autumn day. I love them!
                                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                                X