Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digging through some old shelves. (picture heavy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digging through some old shelves. (picture heavy)

Not all of this stuff was buried but I figured I might as well take pictures of all of it.
    Well this isn't exactly all of it, either but it'll do for now.

a quickr pickr post
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

That's some memory lane there! I still play AoE and Simcity. May have to dig around for Myst - been so long I may have forgotten enough for it to be fun to re-play.

Comment

My boyfriend's dad plays Transport Tycooon.

I've played AoE before (1 and 2).

And boyfriend has played transport tycoon in the past as well.

I've been TRYING to get Orion Burger working, but no luck
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          That's some memory lane there! I still play AoE and Simcity. May have to dig around for Myst - been so long I may have forgotten enough for it to be fun to re-play.
          Get it on Steam.

There have been some changes made (updated graphics and the ability to free move) that really enhance the feel without sacrificing any of the fun.

I just replayed it a few months back. <3

I've owned most of those games. And if it weren't for the great purges from my last two moves, I'd have a more ponderous collection of boxery than in the OP. But Nekojin refuses to let me keep a million game boxes cluttering up the place. So, I'll just have to get more nick knacks.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            My boyfriend's dad plays Transport Tycooon.
            Tell him to look into "OpenTTD." Really revived my interest in the game.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Get it (Myst) on Steam.
            Found it already Both my original and the 10th Anniversary DVD collection; Myst, Riven, Exile. Hope the weather turns crappy so I can justify a few hours inside...

BTW gremcint, love the wallpaper.

Comment

Love, love, love the 7th Guest and the 11th Hour.
              "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Holy moley. I remember those games. I played a few, but those I remember from when I worked at my first job.

I always wanted to play Gabriel Knight, but never got a chance to.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                  Holy moley. I remember those games. I played a few, but those I remember from when I worked at my first job.

I always wanted to play Gabriel Knight, but never got a chance to.
                  http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/gabri...of_the_fathers

With voice acting by Tim Curry.

Comment

I kept an old 386 machine with Win 95 just so I could play the various Ancient Art of War games. Alas it died a few years ago and now I can't play them. I also used to have a game call Age of Sail but I can no longer find it to see if it will run under XP.
                    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

if you have an install for windows 95 then look up a program called windows virtual pc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Virtual_PC

Comment

When I was a kid, I played AoE I and II.

One of my favourite things to do was to create a scenario where the odds were stacked against the AI from the beginning. I would load the game up, then I'd turn on the cheats where I got the tanks, then go around shooting everyone to death

When my sister and I first discovered LAN play (which you can do), she used to beg me to stop making Big Daddys (the tank cheat)

Best cheat ever: "jack be nimble" makes your catapaults shoot cows.
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                          Best cheat ever: "jack be nimble" makes your catapaults shoot cows.
                          With appropriate mooing noises iirc.

Comment

Oh man, Space Quest, Myst, SimCity 2000! I still have some of the Sierra floppy disks somewhere. Nice finds!
                            Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                            Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                            Fiancee: What?!
                            Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I think I still have my SimCity Classic discs around here somewhere. Too bad I can't find the SimCheat utility though. Truly one of my favorite games. I had most of the series--SC2000, 3000 (OK, but not as good as 2000, IMHO), SimCity 4...as well as some of the Civilization series, GTA, etc.
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X