This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car derp

So I recently had my car repaired and last night was the first night drive I'd done since picking it up.

I get into the car, start it up, flick my lights on and the dashboard light doesn't turn on.

Me: ah crap, what do I do?!

So I pretty much drove home without the dashboard light on. I SOMEHOW managed to avoid speeding and get home in one piece.

Get inside, freak out, debating over whether to call someone for help or not. Then I realise something.

I go back to my car, flip the dimmer switch for my dashboard light and then flick it over to check the lights in general.

Yep. Turns out that my "dashboard globe blowing" was basically me forgetting to check the dimmer switch.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Well, why would you check that?

Why the hell would someone turn them off in the first place? And then, why the hell didn't they turn them back on?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

ERMAHGERD!

THERT SER ERS HERL ERS ERMBERERSIN! ERNT ERT?

(SERER ERBERT DA SHERTIN!)

MAHK
      Meow.........

Comment

Translation to the above please???
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"Oh my god, that sure as hell is embarassing, isn't it? Sorry about the "shertin" - Mark."

Almost all of it....

Comment

Thanks . I couldn't make heads or tails of it.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Why the hell would someone turn them off in the first place? And then, why the hell didn't they turn them back on?
              Yeah, it'd take me a bit to think of it too I'd imagine.

My guess is that they did the repairs, did a perfunctory wipe down of the interior, during which the dimmer got dialed down. (I've done that myself while cleaning.) They didn't turn it back up 'cause they didn't even realize they'd turned it down.

Comment

I do have to wonder what the point of those dimmers are anyway. I have never used it except in cases like these where I accidentally did while cleaning. Has anyone ever had a legitimate use for this stupid knob?
                Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                Fiancee: What?!
                Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                  Has anyone ever had a legitimate use for this stupid knob?
                  Once in 34 years of driving. Cross country, night driving, and one of those orange dashboards. Even stopped at a gas station and SEARCHED for the damn thing. (Rental car.) The relief was immense and immediate, but other than that, no.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
                    Because mine's a dial, I suspect that someone accidentally knocked it given that it's right near the switch to pop the bonnet
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

SHERTIN=shoutin'.

The translator came up all CAPS.

Mike
                      Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                      X