This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for My Family Please

At about 1:15 this morning, my 97 year old grandmother passed away. She had been in a nursing home since May when she nearly died of pneumonia. Once in the nursing home, she had been unable to walk so was confined to a wheelchair. She was supposed to ask for help to get from her wheelchair to the bathroom, but last week began trying to go by herself. (She has always been extremely stubborn and independent.) Thursday evening, while walking into the bathroom unassisted, her femur broke just under her hip and she fell. She hit her head and had a big split right above her eyebrow and the side of her face was all bruised.

After some tests, it was determined that her heart would not allow her to survive surgery. All that could be done was to keep her pain controlled, which was not easy. Morphine did not help at all - the only thing that worked was dalaudid. The doctor finally made the decision that she could be given the medication as needed, rather than limiting it to every so many hours.

She was admitted to hospice at about 6:00 yesterday evening and passed away about 1:15.

I know that it was a blessing, as it was horrible to see her suffering. But it is still hard to say goodby to a grandmother that had been in my life for 53 years. We are all still reeling, as she was always very healthy until last spring.

Please say a prayer for us as we get through the visitation and funeral this week.
    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'm so sorry. Praying for you and your family
      The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

You have my deepest sympathies.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. My sympathies go out to you and your family.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thought and prayers are with you and your family.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I am sorry for your loss.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                X