Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Would You Do This? (Parking Lot Rant)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Would You Do This? (Parking Lot Rant)

So I headed to Barnes & Noble before work to get a copy of "A Dance With Dragons" ("A Song of Ice & Fire, Book 5"). Now let me start by ranting about the design of the fucking parking lot where this B&N is located.

The part of the shopping center where it is located has a Best Buy next to it, another store of some kind on the end (I've never paid attention to what it is), and a few other stores surrounding this lot. A Le Madeline restaurant, a few strip-center shops, a T-Mobile store, an eye doctor's place, etc. That's all fine.

What isn't fine is the fact that there is only ONE EXIT from this lot. There are two entrances-- the aforementioned exit (which allows cars to both exit and enter), and an entrance-only access on one side. So that right there is annoying as hell, since it ALWAYS makes for a backup when folks are trying to leave.

I don't usually shop at this B&N or that Best Buy, for precisely this reason. I only went there today because it's only a slight detour from my route to work.

I get there and find that they've decided to resurface part of the parking lot. I understand this needs to happen periodically, and you'd think they'd limit their resurfacing to one section of the parking lot at a time.

But you'd be wrong.

I get there and they have roped off HALF of the parking lot. And not even side A and side B, but the entire MIDDLE of the parking lot.

I started cussing up a storm, since I could see cars orbiting the lot already. Fortunately, I found a parking space and claimed it, then got out to get my book. And as I walked into B&N, I saw something else that infuriated me.

They'd resurfaced the access road that runs in front of the Best Buy, so it was roped off too. Meaning everyone who had to leave, had to go around the long way in the lot to get to the ONLY EXIT.

I ended up going around behind the stores to get to that ONE EXIT, and this only furthered my resolve to not shop at those stores if I can avoid it in the future.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X