X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That doesn't mean what you think it means

And then there was this lady ....

We've had some lip gloss on clearance for awhile. I'm not really sure how long, but it's been a few weeks at least. But you see, only certain shades are on clearance, not ALL of that brand.

This lady has me paged to the front register for a price check.
    "This lip gloss is on clearance!!!!!!"
    I'll go check ma'am, but I do know that not all of the shades are on clearance, just the ones we are no longer carrying. I go check and, of course, the shade she picked up was NOT one of the ones on clearance. Well, that just wouldn't do ...

"Show me which ones ARE on clearance then!" she demands. So we go over to the display and I show her that only 4 shades are on clearance, and the one she picked clearly was not. Unfortunately, all of the clearance shades are gone. I apologize and pull the clearance tags down.

Her parting shot? "If you put something on clearance then you should HAVE some!!!!!"
    Wait, what? Isn't that the point of clearance? To get rid of the item???? <shrug>

You can't apply logic to this situation, it doesn't fit with the SC's worldview...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      Wait, what? Isn't that the point of clearance? To get rid of the item???? <shrug>
      Expecting a Sucktomer to use common sense?!

INCONCEIVABLE!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

INCONCEIVABLE!
        You're right. Mea culpa

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

INCONCEIVABLE!
          You used that word. I think you do know what that word means.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Sounds like you faced a COUS or Customer of Unusual Suckiness.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I work in a children's clothing store. The past weekend (the last weekend before Christmas) a customer comes in looking for Christmas pjs. I let her know that sorry we are all sold out. Her reply, that's rediculous it the week be for Christmas you should have Christmas pjs.

i don't think she gets how retail works. We don't want any left by Christmas because on one will buy them after Christmas.

Comment

Not to mention an EW's EW [SARCASM:]You were supposed to have some available for the special snowflake[/END SARCASM]
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                X