This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I felt the breeze!

FUCKING A customer bout blew my fingers off today.
    Working the range, guy 2 girls.
    He shot before, they are new.
    Take them to the .22 pistols to teach basic's, no-no they what to start on a 9mm.
    ok fine- Beretta 92 I can teach that.
    He shoots, does ok, princess steps up,
    nervous, I go thought he teach, he eggs her on, she seems ok after I calm her down.
    load her up, 1 shot is great, goes to shit after that.
    I tell her to stop and take her finger off the trigger (so I can take the pistol and show her again)
    my hand is over the gun and before I can block the hammer with my thumb
    BANG!
    I didn't yell but loudly say "finger off the trigger and stop"
    BANG
    I felt it, I think it was only the blast out of the chamber, but it could of been the muzzle.
    Now I shout and snatch it.
    Ok your done.
    The guy then wants to jump right in and take her last 3 shots.
    WTF -no she almost shot me in the fucking hand. I see later she's going to be one of those dumasses that hits the gas when they park and makes a new drive in at starbucks.

I get myself together, my pinky quit stinging, and let him do it, and the last girl did good.
    Then left, no sorry or anything.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 12-06-2015, 11:52 PM.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

WTF!

When the range instructor tells you to stop shooting, you fucking stop shooting!
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

How was your hand over the gun in a way that you only suffered the force of the blow back and didn't get any part caught or burned by the usual moving of the parts?

I'm very glad you didn't, mind you, just having a hard time picturing it in my head.

Comment

It could of been the one moving part- the slide.

The shooter was to my right and I'm facing her, my right arm is behind her to prevent them from ricking back too far.
        I was reaching over with my left hand to cup over the top and moving down so she would see my hand blocking her view as it comes down over the top.
        Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 12-07-2015, 12:34 AM.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

That is a person who is too nervous to safely use a gun. I hope she doesn't come back.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

And I thought the lady who THREW A SHOTGUN SHE WAS HOLDING when it dumped an empty shell out of the action because "it startled her" was the worst gun-handler I'd ever heard of.......
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Dry fire is your friend. Easier to teach trigger contol when there is no bang.
              "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

When I was a flight instructor, most of the people I gave lessons to were well-off and were bosses when they were at work. So one of the things I made plain was, "When we are in the airplane, I am the boss and you are the trainee. I want you to agree that, when I say, "My airplane," you immediately turn the controls over to me. If you don't, you won't like what happens."

No, I never had to make a fist and smash it into the twig and berries. But I did have to scream "GO AROUND!" at one who wanted to land way too fast. The C150 doesn't land at 90 knots, unless you have a two mile runway... Besides, you're not a real pilot until you can do a full-stall landing!

Me, I won't take anybody to the range unless they can recite the 4 rules from memory, and tell me why they are the rules. And if they've never shot before (or if they seem to be affected by testosterone syndrome), they will begin with my .22.

Man, there's no stress reliever like noisily making holes in paper!
                I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

oh there was dry fire involved- that comes standard.

Oh yea my requirements are far stricter. But this range caterers to people from NJ/NYNYC foreigner tourists. People that have not and in some cases should not touch a gun.
                  There are some that are good. I had a couple from Paris here for collage at NYU last week.
                  I can't speak French, I can kind of understand it thanks to my time in the Navy. He had better English skills then her. There was lots of jestering, BUT they listened to my inst and hands on showing inc starting with a .22. They had some of the best 1st shots all weekend and did fine.
                  AkaiKitsune

Comment

My finger is always straight against the side of the gun until I'm ready to fire. I don't leave my finger on the trigger because of the startle reflex.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Basic rules of gun handling:
                      Don't point it at anything you don't intend to shoot.
                      Finger on the trigger only when you intend to shoot.
                      Finger off the trigger at any time there is another person at risk (down range, touching the gun, etc).
                      Listen to the instructor/manager/employee/person who knows more than you.

Comment

Jesus Christ.

Is this common?
                        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Sadly it's not uncommon. But again these are people who have never seen a real gun and only know what they have seen on TV/movies.

I had 3 guys want to have a contest at max distance right off.
                          They've been there before a couple of times, and think they are stone cold killias now.
                          Ok how about I run you through the basics?
                          Naaawww we's goat tis
                          ok.. Yea human outline, middle/head is 5 pts, Shoulders 4pts, arms 3pts.
                          High score for 6 9mm shots @ 30ft?
                          Then 12
                          then 6
                          *facepalm*
                          I was not even nice, I ask would you like me to show you have to do it right this time and try again?
                          Gave them the full monty of basic pistol inst.
                          up cal to .40S&W.
                          30, 24, 18
                          wow, whoa, hey I didn't know I could do that good, you do know how to inst.
                          AkaiKitsune

Comment

Dry fire is your friend. Easier to teach trigger contol when there is no bang.
                            Query on that actually: the instructors who man the pistol section of the range I use advise investing in snap caps if you're going the dry fire route, saying it's less wear on the firing pin if it's striking against something rather than an empty chamber.

Anyone confirm or deny this?

Comment

"most" guns will not be hurt when you dry fire them. .22 can be. Snap caps are best for leaching loading/unloading, clearing jams. Mind you we don't do that. It's more like a arcade with real guns. Get them in, shooting and out so se can take the next group. I take 5 min tops with most people. Not to frack, but if they tip well, have a clue and seem to want to really learn, we would offer real 1-1 lessons.
                              AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                              X