Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No one gets to enjoy the ocean mist".

That's what this guy said to my coworker over the phone. He was looking for Ocean Mist Suave shampoo and we only have Ocean Breeze, or vice versa--don't remember. He was asking when the name changed. "I really need to know!" She was like How do I know? I don't work for Suave.
    He just kept going on and on and was upset that she didn't know the inner workings of the Suave marketing department. I mean, this guy was persistent. I don't know how she got rid of him.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Your coworker was insufficiently suave...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I don't know how she got rid of him.
      She acted out a song.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I love Suave Shampoo because it's cheap and seems to clean my hair just fine, but at something like $1.67 a bottle, I don't feel entitled to very much.

There's a 800 number for Unilever right there on the bottle if he's so curious.

Comment

The guy sounded like he sure mist his old shampoo.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Anyone here ever been broke? I mean REALLY broke? I'm talking Kraft Macaroni & Cheese-broke.... Suave shampoo, broke. [/Jeff Foxworthy]

Great bit from his early standup days.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That's funny because I prefer it when I'm not broke. I use a loooooot of conditioner and it's easier on the pocketbook either way.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

For me, pretty much all "drug store" hair care products do the same thing to my hair. The salon quality stuff might be better, or at least the couple I have tried. I once accidentally bought some expensive stuff (read the wrong sign at Costco) and it did a much better job. Had some other stuff given to me, and it also was markedly better, and I didn't realize how expensive it was until I tried to buy more of it. Not happening.

I hate when someone randomly gets upset about a product, and expects the lowly employee to also get upset. "The quality of fabric has really gotten bad, hasn't it?" You know what, you're shopping at a discount store, that's like walking into MalWart and complaining about the made in China products. Arg.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Try doing a google search for "best drugstore shampoo / conditioner for ______ hair" (I put "curly" in the blank). I found some great affordable suggestions that way. I LOVE what DoubleTree conditioner does for my hair but I'm not paying $26 a bottle for it.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I will buy the cheaper shampoo and conditioner when I don't have the money to buy the expensive stuff and I'm completely out of my good stuff. I find that I use way more of the cheaper shampoo and conditioner to get the same results as the more expensive stuff so I don't really think I'm saving that much money when all is said and done. I absolutely love what Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil products do for my hair even though the price tag makes me wince.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                      I absolutely love what Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil products do for my hair even though the price tag makes me wince.
                      Are they better than the Hermy and Hermy products? Cookies for reference.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Are they better than the Hermy and Hermy products? Cookies for reference.
                        Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Comment

I use a baby shampoo & conditioner on my hair - just a basic one. What our US folks might call a 'drugstore' sort. (Though we buy it at the grocery store/supermarket.)

Every few months, I put a tiny amount of olive oil on my hands, smooth it through my hair, then glad wrap my head for an hour. That takes care of deep conditioning.
                          An Australian 20c piece size puddle in the palm is about right for bottom-of-the-shoulder-blade length hair, a 10c for chin-length, and the smallest drop I can get for my current ultra-crop. The 20c piece is close enough to a US quarter, the 10c is about half that.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                            An Australian 20c piece size puddle in the palm is about right for bottom-of-the-shoulder-blade length hair, a 10c for chin-length, and the smallest drop I can get for my current ultra-crop. The 20c piece is close enough to a US quarter, the 10c is about half that.
                            Just curious, but are both of those Australian coins "silver" with reeded edges (would make coin clipping extremely easy to spot)? One thing I've heard about U.S. "silver" coins is that everything from the dime to the silver dollar has the same weight per unit of face value - i.e. back when they were still silver, they were essentially bullion coins. I've also heard that Canada's "silver" coins are the same weight as those in the U.S., i.e. the 2 countries minted to the same standard.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              For me, pretty much all "drug store" hair care products do the same thing to my hair. The salon quality stuff might be better, or at least the couple I have tried. I once accidentally bought some expensive stuff (read the wrong sign at Costco) and it did a much better job. Had some other stuff given to me, and it also was markedly better, and I didn't realize how expensive it was until I tried to buy more of it. Not happening.

I hate when someone randomly gets upset about a product, and expects the lowly employee to also get upset. "The quality of fabric has really gotten bad, hasn't it?" You know what, you're shopping at a discount store, that's like walking into MalWart and complaining about the made in China products. Arg.
                              I horrify stylists - I normally go 2 to 3 years between trims [though once it was about 10 years] and I use Dr Bronner as body soap and shampoo ... and I might condition once a year or so, mainly because someone will prod me into using something trying to get me to say it feels softer or something. I don't have split ends, dandruff, or anything. I also don't chemically abuse, heat abuse or really do anything other than wash, dry, comb and braid my hair. I will admit that thanks to a screwed up endocrine system I have been slowly losing my hair, I am down to about a quarter of the amount I had when I was healthy in 1990 ... but there isn't much I can do about the endocrine system =( But otherwise, my hair is soft and issue free - though baffled at the nutter that wrote all over the label.
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X