This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly a return but still in the pet theme

I got my dog (loveable Golden Retriever) when he was 10 months old. My neighbor at the time asked us if we wanted one and we said YES.

The back story is this. Her Uncle got the dog as a 2 month old puppy. Nothing wrong there EXCEPT ---- The family shut him up in a small kennel for a good part of the day, NEVER played with or paid attention to him, and treated him with high indifference. Subsiquently said puppy started to act out by peeing on laundry and various other items, chewing on things and being a brat. The family decided after 7 months the dog had to be put down because of his "bad behavior" and that is when my neighbor decided to intervene and take the dog away from that family.

What we got was the most loveable, sweet, playful, attention hound I knew. We only had a few instances of misbehavior in the first 2 weeks BUT after that ---- Nothing but a fun, loving and loyal member of my family.

Yeah he is getting old (12 1/2 years now) and has problems but that is to be expected.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
      This didn't happen to me, but a former coworker when I worked at Cracker Barrel. Lady came in and bought $2,000.00 worth of stuff. The VERY next day her husband came in with her and made her return ALL of it. Took my former CW 2 hours to do.
      $2k at the Cracker Barrel gift shop? Gotta be some sort of mental illness going on there, unless Cracker Barrel has really gone upmarket on their merchandise selection since the last time I ate at one.

Comment

What a sour, old, sad, pathetic witch!

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
          That is so cruel. I think I just cried a little. *goes to hug her cat*
          Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I want to hit that woman. I've had a stressful day and it would help me work out all that aggravation. Plus, she deserves it.
          It was really horrible. That poor dog was so confused and heart broken. The good news is that dog got a wonderful home with a nice couple. We still see the dog at the PetStore. She's happy and healthy, even though she is moving slow and has gray on her muzzle and ears.

I've seen dog at our vets office as well, so I know that her people are keeping up with her medical care. Not a lot that can be done about age, though.

We are a rescue group, so we take in rejects. The sort of people who adopt from us are like you folks, willing to give their love to not perfect pets. Somehow, that love seems to turn them into perfect pets after all.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
            Somehow, that love seems to turn them into perfect pets after all.
            I remember having a conversation with a little kid who heard me tell my cat that he was "the best cat in the world!" She said that her cat was the best! I said of course your cat is the best... That's how we all feel about our pets, that they are the most perfect pet in the world. It is odd to me that some people don't think that way, that they would just trade in their pet for a prettier/trendier/younger animal.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

It is odd to me that some people don't think that way, that they would just trade in their pet for a prettier/trendier/younger animal.
              I gotta admit that there are days when I feel that way. But I don't act on that thought! Yes, it sucks when the deafgit wakes me up in the middle of the night playing Godzilla with the blankets - but then I think about how long it took to show him that he was allowed on the bed at all... (smiles)

He learned one word in ASL when he got here: "cookie." Well, he does know a few other signs, but... Ya know how dogs can develop "selective hearing?" If he thinks we are going to ask for anything he doesn't like, he gets "selective blindness." He turns his head away until he can't see us!
              I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
              - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

The second customer in this thread: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=110649 never actually said the word 'return', but after we found out the real reason why he was WHARRRRGARBLing at us it became clear he was trying to get us to take his (expensive, custom) item back and make him a new one... because he and his wife had chosen the wrong colour.

Comment

I think my worst return was the lady who bought a quilt, then after she received it, sent me an all caps profanity filled email about how dare I ruin her quilt with a maker's patch on it.

She demanded a refund, and said I owed it to her to send her a replacement quilt for free. I told her that I would refund her if she returned the quilt in sale-able condition, and that I'd be happy to make her a custom quilt, but that as an artist - I always sign my work.

She cursed me up one side and down the other, but returned the quilt. I refunded her and banned her.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Good gawd, an artist always signs their work. That's one of the ways you can show off a custom piece of work.

I'd be proud to own one of your beautiful quilts and would happily show off the brand.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                      $2k at the Cracker Barrel gift shop? Gotta be some sort of mental illness going on there, unless Cracker Barrel has really gone upmarket on their merchandise selection since the last time I ate at one.
                      Yep, we thought at the time and I still do that she must be a hoarder or have some kind of mental illness.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                        as an artist - I always sign my work.
                        Probably wanted to pass it off as her own work . . .

Comment

That's what I figured.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Kanalah, I do a bit of custom woodworking and one of my biggest customers could be called a fraud, and I'm happily complicit in it.

He pays me about twice what I'd normally ask for the piece, and I actually wind up doing less work. What our arrangement is is that he picks the piece, then I do the design, cutting and assembly, then he does the finish and polish and puts his own makers mark on the piece. Honestly, I wish he wasn't so happily retired, I'd give him a job finishing out some of my work. I've seen pianos with lesser quality finishes than most of his work.

Maybe offer the "ghost seamstress" option? No makers mark, leave like 4" of seam unfinished so that the "look at the quilt I just finished" line isn't totally a lie. Charge extra, A LOT extra. Include some cut off scraps, thread, etc. Heck, I'd put in a lovely disclaimer. Something along the lines of "Many customers have professed an interest in the quilt without the makers mark. As an artist, that mark has meaning and significance. The artist is proud to have produced that work of art. When you ask for a piece without the makers mark, you are denigrating the work and time investment that the artist has made to produce that piece. Either that or you wish to pass their hard work off as your own. If you wish to purchase the mark-less guilt kit, please select the quilt you desire then enter in code IMAFRAUD to add the additional $150 for the ghost seamstress option"

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                              He pays me about twice what I'd normally ask for the piece, and I actually wind up doing less work. What our arrangement is is that he picks the piece, then I do the design, cutting and assembly, then he does the finish and polish and puts his own makers mark on the piece. Honestly, I wish he wasn't so happily retired, I'd give him a job finishing out some of my work. I've seen pianos with lesser quality finishes than most of his work.
                              I see what he's doing there... he's farming out the stuff he finds tedious. I bet he could do all the work himself but would find it a colossal bore and he wants to just do the part he really likes.

Comment

My fave from the Mart of Wall was one I did not personally witness, but which did involve an attempted shoplifter getting pwned on a return.

At our store, people had a habit of dropping their reciepts all over where they could be picked up and used by people willing to go round the store and collect merch with intent to pretend they were the original customer and return for cash/store cred.

One day, a couple picked up a reciept outside, and were pleased to see it was a 500-some $ purchase of things like a comforter and a set of pans, i.e. things that are not usually put in bags in a Hellmart, so they didn't have to go thru trying to bag most of it to help with covering their thievin' patookuses.

They collect the stuff off the reciept and bring it up to customer service for the return. (the service associate told me she recognized them as frequent fliers with this particular lil' scam, but of course our pansy of a store manager never allowed confrontations even if corporate would have)

Alas, the frequent fliers had overlooked one crucial point. The original purchase had been made by credit card, so back onto the actual purchaser's CC the money went. No way to override. So we had to eat the return still, but the shoplifters didn't get their money and the actual custy got a nice surprise when their bill was due.

Comment

Working...
                                X