This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Xmas Eve

Our clinic closed at 4:00. No one checked in to our Walk-In clinic between 3:00 and 3:55. At 3:55, a woman who is not normally our patient (her clinic is closed today) came in complaining of "dizziness"for two days, which can both mean many different things and can be caused by many different things. She said the last time she had it, she had a urinary tract infection. The staff immediately sent her to the bathroom to leave a urine sample. It took her 25 minutes to pee. Then I saw her, she gave a long, long, long, rambling incoherent story about falling and hitting her head 3 times in the past few months, including yesterday. Multiple repetitions of the "last time I had this it was a UTI" story. She is diabetic. Her blood pressure is not low. She needs blood tests, an EKG, the urine test. She's in the lab now. We have a receptionist, two lab techs, two medical assistants, an X-ray tech, myself, and a radiologist all waiting for the lab results and for me to finish with her. Everyone has some place to be and we all were hoping to get out close to on time. No such luck.

At least we have treats to nibble on.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Oh, dear. I hope she's okay and you all get out of there soon!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Sigh. You feel sorry for her and her bad condition, but you still WANNA GO HOME!

Comment

My restaurant was supposed to close at 2 today. It was very slow all day. Of, course people came in at 1:59.

Yes, I was annoyed, and made their orders to go.

I feel your pain, but yours is worse than mine, since it went on longer.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

She was fine. We got done at 5:09 PM. Blood sugar a little high, exam and labs otherwise normal. I felt bad for the employees who had to wait but was glad she didn't need CT or hospital stay.
          Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
          TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Then there's the flip side. A fast food restaurant near home had a sign posted that they'd be closing at 9 tonight (normally they close at 11 on weekdays). Got there at 8:30. The doors were locked.

I can understand them closing early on Christmas Eve, and even closing a few minutes before that if things are dead (to keep out the last minute "Made it!" customers), but half an hour?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X