This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rage against the Machine

This woman was just a house of fire. She was accusing us of calling and harassing her but of course she couldn't verify the account so she stayed in a constant state of furor.

Me: Hi, this is CC, I'm a manager here at--
    SC: Why the fuck did you call me?!?!
    Me: (huh?!?!) Excuse me?
    SC: Your heard me motherfucker, why did you call me?
    Me: I didn't call you personally, <Red checkmark> may have, I'd be more than happy to--
    SC: Just tell me what the hell is going on with my account!!
    Me: Of course, can I have your passcode please?
    SC: NO! My last four is 4567.
    Me: I'm afraid we don't use social security numbers anymore. You need to give me the passcode on the account.
    SC: FUCK YOU! My last four is 4567.
    Me: Please stop using foul language. As I said a moment ago, we don't use socials anymore. You'll need to give me the passcode.
    SC: When did I tell you to stop using my social?!?!
    Me: You didn't, it was an across-the-board policy change. Every customer requires a passcode now.
    SC: NOT ME!! I don't want no fucking passcode on my account!!
    Me: I already warned you once about language ma'am and you don't get an opt out or decline option on this, it's a requirement on all accounts.
    SC: WHY DID YOU CALL ME?!?!!
    Me: I'd be happy to look into that if you can verify your passcode.
    SC: FUCK YOU!! To hell with your company, just cancel all my lines!!!
    Me: I need the passcode to do that too.
    SC: I'll sue you!! I'll sue all of you!! Go to hell!!! *CLICK*

Well someone lost their holiday cheer pretty quick didn't they?

How can you be so heartless?

Had a guy tearing my head off because an order we priority shipped to Dallas ended up delayed by a day and a half. Umm, dude..did you see the GINORMOUS tornadoes that ripped through there this week??? Do you understand what's been going out throughout Texas and the midwest? People are dead, families are homeless, communities are destroyed and all you care about is getting your damned Galaxy S6 post haste?? No you don't get a credit. In fact, I should put a $40 Douchebag fee on your account for good measure.

B-B-Busted!!

Sometimes I get the sweet the joy of absolutely NAILING someone in a lie. Guy had been charged for non return of a phone. He claims he sent it back and it got lost in the mail. Normally not a problem, if you have a USPS tracking number we can verify, we can take care of the charge. Now, small bit of credit here, the guy actually DID have a USPS receipt, but here's where it gets interesting. I was about to go ahead and do the credit when I notice the weight listed on the shipment information is only 2 ounces. Now cell phones are small these days but they are not THAT small, for a smartphone plus shipping materials the weight should be at least three times that.

So I point blank tell him this information can't be for a phone. He claims the post office clerk screwed up and put the wrong number in for the weight. Not a problem I say, I'll contact our warehouse, confirm they received the phone and we can take care of the charge. Suddenly he starts backpedaling, asking why I need to do that, can't I just credit it with the postal receipt, he really wants this done today, etc.

I said when it comes to a $500 phone we have to be sure so no, we can't do anything today, I need to check with the warehouse. He immediately hangs up. I proceed to plaster that account with notes and warnings about this customer.

B-B-Busted!! Part 2

I wasn't quite as quick on the draw with this one but I still got the job done. Guy called us to do a sketchy warranty claim. I said no. Amazingly, who shows up on my radar again two nights later? Evidently Mr. SC found a coworker of mine gullible enough to process the sketchy warranty but now he's back with one of my reps saying we processed it wrong and we need to send out ANOTHER phone. Ummm...NO.

So I have my rep lie and say the systems are down and we can' t process anything right now but he's welcome to call back later...then I promptly block that replacement we sent from getting on the network. Guess who's going to have a shiny new paperweight soon?
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 12-29-2015, 02:56 AM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I love the karmic kick in Busted 2, but how's that gonna work financially? Will your company eat the loss or is he going to be on the hook for it?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Did #1 find out that she couldn't access her money at the Bank of Ethel because her account had been turned into a secret Swiss account and she didn't have the passcode for it? Cookies for reference.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        I love the karmic kick in Busted 2, but how's that gonna work financially? Will your company eat the loss or is he going to be on the hook for it?
        He has a short window of time to send the phone back. If he doesn't, he'll be charged for the device. If he doesn't pay, his services will be cut off, his credit will be dinged, etc, etc.

<Red checkmark> might not see the money, but SC will get hit too.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Did #1 find out that she couldn't access her money at the Bank of Ethel because her account had been turned into a secret Swiss account and she didn't have the passcode for it? Cookies for reference.
          Dilbert!

I remember those. Ethel referred to all the account holders as "victim".
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            Dilbert!

I remember those. Ethel referred to all the account holders as "victim".
            It's amazing how accurate the Bank of Ethel is to a real bank
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              It's amazing how accurate the Bank of Ethel is to a real bank
              It is amazing how Dilbert is accurate for every office in existence.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Lawsuite

Has anyone actually tried to sue because you would not let them have access to an account without their pass-code?

In my case I lost the pass-code to one of my account, the answer was very simple. I went to the bank with my passport and driver's licence (two picture IDs) and got access back very easily. However, I can't see this woman going to that much work.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                  However, I can't see this woman going to that much work.
                  Especially if she has no right to even access the account (I smell some sort of scam)...

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    Well, doesn't Scott Adams get most of his material from reader-submitted stories?
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

There used to be a forum with a daily list of stories submitted by users. An official Dilbert site. Then readers would vote on the stories. I made it into the top 20 once. I'm sure that forum gave him years of ideas.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        Me: Of course, can I have your passcode please?
                        SC: NO! My last four is 4567.
                        Me: I'm afraid we don't use social security numbers anymore. You need to give me the passcode on the account.
                        SC: FUCK YOU! My last four is 4567.
                        Me: Please stop using foul language. As I said a moment ago, we don't use socials anymore. You'll need to give me the passcode.
                        SC: When did I tell you to stop using my social?!?!
                        Me: You didn't, it was an across-the-board policy change. Every customer requires a passcode now.
                        SC: NOT ME!! I don't want no fucking passcode on my account!!
                        Me: I already warned you once about language ma'am and you don't get an opt out or decline option on this, it's a requirement on all accounts.
                        SC: WHY DID YOU CALL ME?!?!!
                        Me: I'd be happy to look into that if you can verify your passcode.
                        SC: FUCK YOU!! To hell with your company, just cancel all my lines!!!
                        Me: I need the passcode to do that too.
                        SC: I'll sue you!! I'll sue all of you!! Go to hell!!! *CLICK*
                        THIS. Very much this. My cell company recently sent everyone a friendly text asking them to either set up a passcode, or one would be automatically assigned. Can you guess how many people actually read that text?
                        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I know, sometimes I think Adams has been looking in our office windows. Actually, since there's now a hotel across the street, he COULD be...

I have a bunch of Dilbert strips that I cut out that apply perfectly to our dept. and I keep them out on the desk. Every now & then I change the one on top to fit whatever's been going on lately.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Well, doesn't Scott Adams get most of his material from reader-submitted stories?
                            Unfortuneately that is the scary part since he quit AT&T (????) years ago and went with reader submission ideas.

Anyone remember about 15 years ago on the Dilbert website the List of the Day?????

That was scary to say the least.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

B-B-Busted!!

Sometimes I get the sweet the joy of absolutely NAILING someone in a lie. Guy had been charged for non return of a phone. He claims he sent it back and it got lost in the mail.
                              I bet if you get bored and check you'll find the MEID active somewhere. I lived for that kind of stuff back when I worked for big red checkmark(I did the complex investigations). Found one on another line on the same account, found one on a friend of the person's account(they regularly called the number). I caught some great lies in my day(even got two agents fired and prosecuted for fraud)
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X