This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not the information desk.

In my career here I've seen this store be open truncated hours, regular hrs, or none at all on NYD. I didn't bother to check today, add I leave kind of early so I don't care. A woman asked me our hours and I said "I don't actually know, sorry." If I'd told her regular time and that was incorrect, that would've made someone mad. I was avoiding that. Heck, even sometimes not knowing something makes people mad. I then said--which I shouldn't have--"It's posted on the door." Now I made sure there was an up inflection at the end, as in I was helpfully telling her where to find out.

Got a complaint anyway. She told my boss she didn't like to complain about piddly things (then why are you now?) but she didn't like my answer. I guess I'm sucky because I made her feel stupid. I didn't mean to. I was just irritated that people kept asking me questions when I was running my butt off because yet again we only have one person working back here on a holiday.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Could you have offered to go look it up for her? Or point her to where the days hours were stated? That should be plainly written somewhere on the facility...

At my job, we are not allowed to tell people we don't know and end the sentence that way. We have to offer to get the info for them, or to have the person who does have the info call them back.

Comment

I hate telling people that I don't know something, but sometimes it's just the truth and there's no way around it. I'll try to find out, but sometimes the people who know don't answer their phone. Once I offered to transfer a caller to the dept. that I knew would have the answer, and they said, "No, I'll just call back." OK...? People are strange.

And when someone says they don't like to complain about little things, they actually are the ones who do it ALL THE TIME.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Minflick View Post
        Or point her to where the days hours were stated? That should be plainly written somewhere on the facility...
        I physically pointed to the front doors where there's a chart for the whole holiday season and said it was listed on the door. She was offended by that.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X