This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My high school friend the SC?

So I just logged on to facebook and read this post from a girl I knew back in high school:

If your at a restaurant and they bring you wrong dinner what do you do?

Granted she doesn't eat red meat at all and apparently the dish they served her had red meat. Some of her friends responded to say oh your entire meal should of been comped. She was mad because all they gave her for free was a side dish. My response is they owed her an apology and her dinner should of been made on the fly and maybe a free desert. Apparently I'm the bad guy for saying this. And if it matters her fiance and two kids were there and ate. She never said if she ate or not.
    Last edited by hotelslave; 04-30-2012, 12:17 AM. Reason: Bad grammar

Personally, I'd say its a judgement call on behalf of the manager on duty. If it was me, and the customer wasn't being pushy or bitchy about it, I'd comp it and have the kitchen make it right. If she's being a total beyotch about it, she'd be lucky to get a free anything. I'd just take what she got back, and have kitchen make the right order. And if any food had been eaten on the wrong meal she received, she'd be charged for them.

But then again, I'm a vindictive asshole to customers who act like entitlement whores...

I believe in the Golden Rule: Treat others how you want to be treated.
    Your brain may not know what it is. Your brain may never figure out what it is. However, your heart knows, your heart always knows. --- Master Horkin from Brothers in Arms by Margaret Weis

Comment

I think she was in wrong. She was mad that she only got free side. I understand its annoying getting the wrong dish and having to wait. Some of her friends are truly SC. They are saying the entire bill should of been comped and she should of complained until she got a gift card for the next visit

Comment

I don't know enough for a decision. What's the side? Normally a side here is like 2-3 bucks. That's pretty small.

Having to get even one part of a dish redone is annoying because you can't eat when everyone else is, but the wait is usually short. An entire dish? That can take time. And sometimes people are practically done by the time you get your food. It's not right.

The entire bill and gift card? Nope.

I can definitely agree with the sentiment that her meal could have been comped. A free dessert would work I guess, if she's the type to eat it. I rarely order dessert.

Comment

Did she read the menu to see what was in the dish she ordered? Did she tell her server that she doesn't eat red meat? They had to re-do her meal, and that's good enough - unless the rest of the orders for the table were screwed up, I don't think she's entitled to any freebies

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
            Granted she doesn't eat red meat at all and apparently the dish they served her had red meat.
            If it was the restaurant's mistake, remake the meal and a free dessert is fine.

If it was the patron's mistake(not reading the menu or asking questions), then remake the meal.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Apparently I'm the bad guy for saying this.

I'm reminded of a letter-writer at PFB who claimed she had a friend at the news station that was going to give coverage to her story - about not being able to return a dress 7 years late. I always suspected the friend only said that because... she didn't want to face what you're facing now.

As for how I'd react - if they brought the right meal out within a few minutes i'd be fine with that. I'm patient and very tolerant of mistakes. in fact we had it happen in japan... they quickly replaced my bf's meal with the right one.... although to be honest i kinda wish they hadn't. the original meal looked better than the one he had ordered.

we didn't ask for compensation though - they fixed it within 5 minutes. and being jerks towards them would have made us look bad... especially since how we act in public in japan shapes how the citizens view the military.

Comment

Yeah her FB friends sound SCish to me. At most I would expect the restaraunt to comp that one meal, I guess the free dessert wouldn't be overboard. Assuming they were the ones that made the mistake. Otherwise I'm with Blaquekatt, if she didn't read the menu correctly that's on her.

(Sorry, totally off-topic) Pepperelf, military in Japan? I'm guessing you're Navy?

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  If it was the restaurant's mistake, remake the meal and a free dessert is fine.

If it was the patron's mistake(not reading the menu or asking questions), then remake the meal.
                  I agree with this, and would add that if it is the restaurant's fault, and it would take a bit of time to remake the meal, they offer to keep the other diner's meals warm and bring them out at the same time.

I never could understand why people think if a mistake is made (and corrected) on one dish, every dish for everyone at the table should be free, and gift cards for future meals as well. People need to get their priorities in order - we aren't talking a surgeon amputating the wrong leg, or a pharmicist giving out the wrong meds, we're talking a simple and easy mistake of a waitperson bringing the wrong dish. You order, you point out it's wrong, you get the right thing as soon as possible, end of disaster. A free dessert or side is a nice "sorry".

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

All I would want is my meal replaced. If I were really hungry I'd ask for more bread, maybe. And then if I didn't finish early enough, I'd take the rest home. But free stuff? Why is that necessary?
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

(Sorry, totally off-topic) Pepperelf, military in Japan? I'm guessing you're Navy?
                      use to be. I'm an ex-sailor now.

Comment

I ordered a sandwich at Amicable's without bacon (I don't eat pork). Waitress and I conversed about it. When I got the sandwich, I took a bite...and bacon. At least double the bacon that sandwich normally has. Oops.

I ate the fries and waited for the server to come around again and pointed out the bacon. She was tripping over herself, apologizing up and down. The manager came out gave us a coupon for some percent off our meals and I got a new sandwich.

All I asked for (and believe it when I say, I was super apologetic too) was my sandwich made without bacon.

If they're willing to remake your meal without the offending item, that should be enough. If they offer you a little extra compensation for your...troubles? that's okay too. Just act gracious.

Comment

I ordered a sandwich at Amicable's without bacon (I don't eat pork). Waitress and I conversed about it. When I got the sandwich, I took a bite...and bacon. At least double the bacon that sandwich normally has. Oops.
                          now that's just bad - i'm glad she was so helpful but... yeesh.

of course part of it is that i remember being sick on the ship and going to chow... saying "No <whatever item>" ... so what do they do? They toss more of it on. When I again say "No <whatever item>!" they toss on even more...

although in that case the guy in charge of them even gave the guy serving the food a "WTF" look and said "She said she didn't want it" ...

but well, navy chow so no compensation. most you can do is throw it out and try again. or be a real bitch like i was once and hand my entire tray back and say "Now can I have what I asked for?" yeah i was a cunt sometimes. (i like to think that this site helped me be less of a bitch though sometimes... let's jsut say sometimes in my head i CAN be an uber ew-cunt-bitch. but i try to keep it there)

Comment

If a restaurant makes me the wrong thing from what I ordered, I don't even say anything. I just eat what I can and then I never go back. It infuriates me to receive something aside from what I expressly ordered. The waiter writes down your order, which should be written correctly, and then the chef reads the order and prepares it...if something goes wrong then it means one or both isn't payng attention, which is annoying because it is expensive to eat out. So I don't even bother saying anything, I just don't return.

Comment

Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
                              If a restaurant makes me the wrong thing from what I ordered, I don't even say anything. I just eat what I can and then I never go back. It infuriates me to receive something aside from what I expressly ordered. The waiter writes down your order, which should be written correctly, and then the chef reads the order and prepares it...if something goes wrong then it means one or both isn't payng attention, which is annoying because it is expensive to eat out. So I don't even bother saying anything, I just don't return.
                              We're kind of the same. We mostly don't say anything because we can't see what's going on in the back while they're "fixing" our meal. I'll only say something if the mistake is so bad, I'm having trouble eating it.

We either don't order that dish again or just don't go there anymore.

And I know not everyone messes with people's food. I just reduce my chances of getting that small percent lol

Comment

Working...
                              X