This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    Once again, if you want to know where it came from, do a video google of the phrase, "Abba muppets". More than likely the first hit'll be the video I got it from. And just to keep my avatar from becoming such a huge debate, I think I'll go change it right now, since I have one in storage.
    I thought it was from the Spitting Image. Reminds me of the video for "Land of Confusion" by Genesis.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    I can beat that; I killed a cactus once that someone gave me for a present. I forgot to water it, and it eventually shrivelled up and died. XD You are actually meant to water cacti sometimes, not never.
    Well, of course it needs water. Cactus are from the Sonoran desert. Although it's an arid climate, it does rain sometimes!

But I can top you. I had a plant once that should be kept in the bathroom where it would get its water requirement from steam and such from the shower. It was actually called an "air plant". Yep, I managed to somehow kill it.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
      ...you didn't give me your phone number.
      Pure awesome.
      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
      Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        It was actually called an "air plant". Yep, I managed to somehow kill it.
        Was it an air fern? My mom and aunt have both had those. The best way to keep them is to mist them every so often. I don't know how often, though, as I killed mine..... It wasn't a cactus.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I recently got a fish tank for my mother, this huge 14 gallon thing. In it we've got a number of little tropicals, but by far my favorite has to be this spiny little devil we picked up a few days ago.

I've got the most adorable little spotted puffer (as in blow fish) that you could ever want to see. Though, he did give the guy at the store a bit of fits. Apparently, when he first got them, one of his employees wanted to see them "puff" up and stuck their hand in the tank. Yes, the little guys did puff up, but the employee didn't key into the fact that these little fish are poisonous. Sure, it won't kill you, but I hope they learned their lesson.
          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Kali View Post
            ... Congratulations! You have just made the quantum leap from being someone who is able to pronounce "algaecide", to someone who cannot ascertain a link between cupful of bleach and dead goldfish. All in the space of about 6 seconds. I'm impressed.!
            Awww...poor little goldfishies.

I work at a legal newspaper. I get a call yesterday from a lady...

SC: "Do you list bankruptcy property on your website?"
            Me: "Yes."
            SC: "Oh. I'm on your website. I can't find it."
            Me: "Well, did you try the menu on the left of the home page, where is says (in big bold blatant letters) bankruptcy?"
            SC: "Yes, I clicked on it."
            Me: "Well, that's it. You just use the search fields, if you're looking for something specific.:
            SC: "I know that! But I don't know what I'm looking for. I don't know the name, the case number, or anything!"
            Me: "Uh.....I don't think I can help you if you don't know any of that information. All I can say is try to find out something about what you're looking for."
            SC: "Oh. Okay." *click*

WTF?
            "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
            "Red."
            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
            "RED!"
            "..."

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Was it an air fern? My mom and aunt have both had those. The best way to keep them is to mist them every so often. I don't know how often, though, as I killed mine..... It wasn't a cactus.

^-.-^
              Not an air fern. It was one of these: http://www.teasnursery.com/page11.html
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Hey Kali!

Nice post

You're a neighbour, I take it (the comment on the Dato right at the beginning) - then followed by the Open.

Juwl... I have come in late - but I like the new avatar!!

Slyt
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                  You're a neighbour, I take it (the comment on the Dato right at the beginning) - then followed by the Open
                  Hehe, that I am!

Comment

Working...
                  X