Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe she actually hit you with the book That just shows she obviously has a few screws loose in her head due to drugs, fetal alcohol or just her own stupidity. I hope she enjoys her time in jail where that same attitude will probably be expunged once she meets some new friends who will gladly hit back without hesitation
    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

If you, uhhh, ever find that PS3 and it needs a loving home, I gladly volunteer my own... ^.^()

I hope that weird crazy brat gets what she has comin' to her!

Comment

@Op: Dunno about anyone else, but I would have gladly faced a lawsuit or whatever in order to pay her back for hitting him.
        MMO Addicts group

Comment

I just don't understand why so many people play the "my brother's ex wife's sister's cousins, father's grandfather's second cousin is a lawyer card" these days. I mean, it doesn't phase me in the bit if what I'm doing is not illegal. This is why we need to put a stop to sue crazy people in this world.
          Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Wow, how do people like that function in society? Having a fit and hitting someone may work once or twice when you are three, but not not as an adult.

I overheard this conversation once where a mother and her son were trying to sell back a PS2. You know, the ones that had the crap hardware and would often break down a few months after it was purchased.

C: clerk
            SC

C:"We can not buy back a system that is broken, is this system still working"
            SC: "Yes of course"
            C: " Can it still play games."
            SC: " Well no, but besides that it works fine".

Actually now that I think about it, she tried to return it first, because it wasn't playing games. But she did not have a receipt, so that was not an option. I walked out before it was resolved, which is too bad because I wanted to find out what else my PS2 could do without reading a DVD.
            Is it just me or does every office supply store smell like toner and burnt happiness?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              I can never understand why people who misuse 911 never have to pay any consequence for it.
              Some guy made thousands of calls to 911 here. For some reason it took months to find him. He lived down the street from the call center, and said he was lonely. After they caught him the call center recieved 70% to 80% percent fewer calls. He will be locked up for years. One of our Cops that patrol the mall here told me some woman threatened to call 911..... on him! (Her husband said she forgot her meds)

I love it when "so and so is a lawyer you have to take it back!" Good. Call them and they'll tell you it's not illegal. If they are really a lawyer....If they are a real person....If you are not just a lying SC....Wich we both know you are.
              Last edited by Lady Heather; 02-24-2008, 07:39 AM.
              Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
              The following is subject to change:
              If Your Going Through Hell,
              Keep Going...

Comment

Quoth Fungus View Post
                This lady was obviously a nut, but I am always amused at people that think there is a law that a store must take something back. There isn't. As long as the store posts the policy they have all the right in the world to refuse it.

That's not quite the case in Australia, store policy does not overide the govt legislation regarding faulty goods.
                Some stores have actually got in trouble for posting signs that they won't take anything back.
                That being said, that only refers to something that is faulty. A store is under no obligation at all to take anything back if you change your mind. Most places will do you a courtesy by offering a store credit but they are certainly not required to do so.
                Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                  Some guy made thousands of calls to 911 here. For some reason it took months to find him. He lived down the street from the call center, and said he was lonely. After they caught him the call center recieved 70% to 80% percent fewer calls. He will be locked up for years. One of our Cops that patrol the mall here told me some woman threatened to call 911..... on him! (Her husband said she forgot her meds)

I love it when "so and so is a lawyer you have to take it back!" Good. Call them and they'll tell you it's not illegal. If they are really a lawyer....If they are a real person....If you are not just a lying SC....Wich we both know you are.
                  In the town werhe I work, if you call the local PD has several numbers, 911, dispatch and records/administrative. If you call dispatch/non emergency number they still answer "<Town Name> Police 911 Emergency, what is the location of the emergency" Kinda defeats the purpose of posting a non-emergency number.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    I can never understand why people who misuse 911 never have to pay any consequence for it.
                    That depends on the local legislation and who, precisely, she called. Since it was on her cell phone, did it go directly to an actual 911 center or to her cell phone provider's equivalent?

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                    If you call dispatch/non emergency number they still answer "<Town Name> Police 911 Emergency, what is the location of the emergency" Kinda defeats the purpose of posting a non-emergency number.
                    Not if the purpose is to have a number you can call for kittens in trees and not get in trouble for using.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Zeeko View Post
                      We get similar people trying to return games that 'Don't work and are faulty'.

We simply take said game to console/computer - start playing the game and lo and behold it works perfectly! get the fuck out.
                      How do you deal with games that may be iffy on some versions of a system but not others? While back I bought a used PS2 and a used copy of Tekken Tag Tournament and my PS2 steadfastly refused to read it, although the disc itself looked pretty decent to me. I took it back to the store, they took one look at it and said something about the color of the disc, CHUCKED IT, and refunded my money. Few months later I found another copy and sure enough, it worked perfectly.

I've never had any other issues with the unit, a late version of the original PS2, not slimline.
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                        In the town werhe I work, if you call the local PD has several numbers, 911, dispatch and records/administrative. If you call dispatch/non emergency number they still answer "<Town Name> Police 911 Emergency, what is the location of the emergency" Kinda defeats the purpose of posting a non-emergency number.
                        In my county, we too have a non-emergency dispatch number, which goes straight to the 911 center. It does go into a lower priority queue, I've noticed. I've had to wait a minute or two at times, but they still answer with the normal '911 police, fire, or medical' response.
                        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                          While back I bought a used PS2 and a used copy of Tekken Tag Tournament and my PS2 steadfastly refused to read it, although the disc itself looked pretty decent to me. I took it back to the store, they took one look at it and said something about the color of the disc, CHUCKED IT, and refunded my money. Few months later I found another copy and sure enough, it worked perfectly.
                          The large PS2's have a problem when they get older with reading CD ROM-based games properly. So any game that is on a straight CD ROM won't read. CD ROM games are usually purple, so most gaming people know that purple disk + large PS2 = no good combination, even if they don't actually know why.

Nekojin ran into this problem with a game he was really looking forward to playing.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
                            How do you deal with games that may be iffy on some versions of a system but not others? While back I bought a used PS2 and a used copy of Tekken Tag Tournament and my PS2 steadfastly refused to read it, although the disc itself looked pretty decent to me. I took it back to the store, they took one look at it and said something about the color of the disc, CHUCKED IT, and refunded my money. Few months later I found another copy and sure enough, it worked perfectly.
                            my bf had that issue. he had some blank cds that were bad cos the company that made them used lousy inks for making the disks. i'm not sure what color inks are good, only that some are bad...and that he's careful about what ones he gets now.

but... i also know that some games go bad during the middle, so seeing that it starts up doesn't mean that it won't reach a critcal error say in chapter 2.

That being said, that only refers to something that is faulty.
                            of course it also helps if the customer actually lets you test it out. if they refuse, you can't tell if it is broken or not.

and that... when they threaten "i know a lawyer" etc... i'd like to see their reaction if they get told, "OK bring them in then." I bet it'd be more sputtering instead of compliance.
                            Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-09-2008, 11:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Comment

Working...
                            X