This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can FEEL my IQ dropping......

Have you ever heard a question so phenomenally stupid (at least at face value) that your brain just crashes, has to reset, and it's several seconds before you are physically able to form coherent words again?

Stupid Woman: Talk to me about the difference between a laptop and a desktop.

Me: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...............uuuuuuuu uunmmmmmmm........ besides the obvious?

She ended up leaving without buying anything.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Why yes, yes I have.

Lady: (thrusting a CD in my face) Is this a CD?

Irv's Brain: Abort, retry, fail?

I wish I would've had the presence of mind to say something like "No, it's a can of Spaghetti-O's."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

(I'm new here... I just had to post a bit)

I work at a print-shop/stationery store. About a month ago, a customer (a really good customer with a good sense of humour) was copying a large document and needed covers. I show her the covers and tell her the price for the two are the same, and she asks:

"What's the difference between the black ones and the clear ones?"

And yes, I did respond:

"The black ones are black, and the clear ones are clear."

After a second, she laughed... she had been working hard on this project and said she was just running on caffine and adrenaline. I appologized, too, and said that it was just too perfect a set-up not to say it.
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I had one lady thrust a loaf of bread in my face. It was the bread that is in the bag with the multi-color spots.

SC: Is this bread?
        Me: Um ...... yes.
        SC: You don't know?
        Me. it is bread. That's all i can say.

I had to walk off and go in the back room (so I wouldn't laugh in her face) I would rather get a complaint for leaving her hat laughing at her.

Comment

Wonder Bread is not bread. It is a gluten-based bread-like substance.

Seriously, that shit's awful. I should not be able to take a couple slices in my hand and wad it into an almost-perfect ball.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Set a desktop on her lap. Tell her to check her email.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Wonder Bread is not bread. It is a gluten-based bread-like substance.

Seriously, that shit's awful. I should not be able to take a couple slices in my hand and wad it into an almost-perfect ball.
            Any bread that costs less than $3 a loaf is a bread product. The same way squeeze cheese is a cheese product. Tastes vaguely like bread/cheese, but so not.
            Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-07-2008, 09:20 PM. Reason: merge
            I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

"How do you attach the mattress to the bed?"

I... you.. wait... what?

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                "How do you attach the mattress to the bed?"

I... you.. wait... what?
                Gravity. Works great. If that fails, velcro.
                I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

"Are you security?"

One person came up behind me(where there is a patch with three-inch gold letters that says SECURITY on my back), tapped me on my shoulder, looked at me for a second after I turned around glancing over the walkie-talkie clipped to my coat, the nifty security badge next to it, and the three-cell maglight clipped to my belt before asking that question.

I told her this: "No, I just dress up like this for the fun of it." Then turned back around and ignored her until she actually asked me a question that required more than one brain cell to answer.

Comment

I just had this moronic woman call from a doctors office about the status of some claims. She had the utter gall to ask me what the definition of a recouped claim was (which is when a claim is paid,but the health insurance company takes the money back due to overpayment, etc.) and also asked me how to spell recoupment and discrepancy. How the hell can somebody not know that and they do the billing/coding??!!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

(at a part of our site you use to change email passwords)

"Does 'confirm new password' need to be the same as 'new password?'"

Comment

When I worked at my buddies Anime shop.

"Do you sell fish bait"

For the record, the store use to be a bait shop. But we had anime posters up, and everything was anime.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Via email - verbatim:

this new email suckss! how do i send an email?? come to my desk and help me send an email so this dosnt suck!!2

We only hire the best and the brightest.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                            (I'm new here... I just had to post a bit)

I work at a print-shop/stationery store. About a month ago, a customer (a really good customer with a good sense of humour) was copying a large document and needed covers. I show her the covers and tell her the price for the two are the same, and she asks:

"What's the difference between the black ones and the clear ones?"

And yes, I did respond:

"The black ones are black, and the clear ones are clear."

After a second, she laughed... she had been working hard on this project and said she was just running on caffine and adrenaline. I appologized, too, and said that it was just too perfect a set-up not to say it.

I used to get that all the time. People would scream back "NO!!! What's the DIFFERENCE!!!!

My boyfriend and I ordered dinner at a fast food place last night and there were these little high school girls (no offense, hehe) behind the counter. We order, the girl (doesnt seem new) has to ask the manager how to ring it up. We wait. The girl who is putting the food together looks at us after awhile (we still haven't gotten any part of the order) and she says "What are you waiting on!?"

We look at her kind of blankly, like, does she actually want us to repeat the whole order, when they have it on the screen back there?

My boyfriend replies, "you're kidding, right?"

She says, not missing a beat, "I didn't take your order, I don't know."

"What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                            "Red."
                            "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                            "RED!"
                            "..."

Comment

Well, I could understand the laptop/desktop question. It depends what she plans to use the computer for. When it comes to having to run multiple 3d programs and photoshop, my laptop can't do the work of my desktop even with the same programs, more memory, a better graphics card etc, etc. The laptop gives me mobility but not performance. The desktop gives me performance but lacks the mobility so depending on how it was asked and why, it's not necessarily a silly question at all.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                              ~Clerks

Comment

Working...
                              X