This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting out brain space!

Let me guess... your calling to rent out that space in your head where your brain should be?

SC: I need to speak to rentals (Here we go again)
    Me: You need to speak to an office in the area you are looking at renting in!
    SC: Ok well i'm in the city center (Of which city in which country)
    ME: Which city would that be?
    SC: THE City.. (if sarcasm could kil...)
    Me: This number is for Australia and New Zealand so you could be in any city in either country... Which City ... Sir?
    SC: <state> DUH

... *deep sigh* this happens about 5 to 6 times a day!

SC: Im looking at a property on your website and i cant see which office its with I hate your website *rants some more*
    Me: OK are you on the page right now?
    SC: Yes..
    Me: OK if you scroll down a bit and have a look on the right hand side... The number SHOULD be there (Said in a sickly sweet tone)
    SC: Oh.. the number is there..
    Me: Ok, Have a nice day *hangs up and cackles evily*

This is my new hobby. I get to do it at least once a day!

SC: Hi I want a holiday rental property. I'm in <QLD location> and I want to go <QLD location>
    ME: Ok, you will need to call an office in the area
    SC: Is it a free call number... Cause I don't want to spend money (.... its not an interstate call)
    Me: No i'm sorry its not...
    SC: Well can you find me a property then
    Me: I'm not a real estate agent (Or your slave for that matter!)
    SC: Well where is somewhere I can call that will do that..(Jeez what did your last slave die of..)
    Me: I don't know of anywhere
    SC: Fine ill try my local office! (Who will simply refer you to the office in the area you want to go...)

Quoth Wicked_Lexi View Post
    SC: Is it a free call number... Cause I don't want to spend money (.... its not an interstate call)
    Me: No i'm sorry its not...
    Hee. We don't have a toll-free number either. Most people don't mind. They're just glad to reach real human beings who know how to help them. We don't charge for technical support. And we have ways to help those who genuinely can't call long-distance (because, for example, the phone by the computer doesn't have long-distance enabled).

But there are always those few who just can't BELIEVE we don't have one. Like it's some sort of requirement for every businesses.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
      Hee. We don't have a toll-free number either. Most people don't mind. They're just glad to reach real human beings who know how to help them. We don't charge for technical support. And we have ways to help those who genuinely can't call long-distance (because, for example, the phone by the computer doesn't have long-distance enabled).

But there are always those few who just can't BELIEVE we don't have one. Like it's some sort of requirement for every businesses.
      Well our offices mostly aren't big enough to warrant a free call line and real estate agents tend to deal with people IN the area they are in so ...

Comment

Seeing as those callers truly seem to be renting out the space where their brain should be, I'd say they have idiocy and entitlement residing in the penthouse suite
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

ME: Which city would that be?
          SC: THE City.. (if sarcasm could kil...)
          Me: This number is for Australia and New Zealand so you could be in any city in either country... Which City ... Sir?
          SC: <state> DUH
          Yep. I know this tone/SC very well. Our customers seem not to recall that we support the entire US, as well as parts of Canada, Mexico and South America. Oh, and they also seem to forget that we support at least 5 different technologies within my call center, and have an additional 8 technologies we act as a go-between for. Which totals out to at least several THOUSAND customers. So no, if you give me the name of the agency you work for, I don't immediately know what equipment you have, where you are, or who supports you. Which is why we gave you that handy customer ID number. Which you so helpfully forgot.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Costs

SC: Hi I want a holiday rental property.

Question. Even long-distance to your local countries costs in the range of $5-20 per hour. This person is concerned about a cost << $100.

Here in Canada good holiday spots usually rent in the $100-200 a day range. If the phone call is such a big deal, how are they going to handle the rent?

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              Question. Even long-distance to your local countries costs in the range of $5-20 per hour. This person is concerned about a cost << $100.

Here in Canada good holiday spots usually rent in the $100-200 a day range. If the phone call is such a big deal, how are they going to handle the rent?
              I have no idea but he seemed to think that saving the 50c (for a local call probably less but ball park figure here) was going to help him...

Comment

wordsmart customer service (im leaving my job soon so you can know what i sell) isnt toll free. My coach told a woman this once "Look would you rather spend spend 3 dollars on a a phone call or would you rather contest the charges, go into default with the company for the first payment and still be charged the remaining payments, contest those charges, go to collection and wind up screwing up your credit. Spend the three dollars."
                also why is the last guy renting where he/she lives?

Comment

Working...
                X