This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two amazing tables.

So, today I had two amazing tables. One amazing in every sence of the word and the other amazing in how sucky they could get.

First the sucky table.

The guy looked like on extra on the set of dukes of hazzard. mullett and handlebar moustache and all. the woman looked like the runner up for the trailer park beauty pagent.

When they came in I immedatly took their order seeing as I sat them. When I put an order in I always print out a bill for them. This comes with a timestamp on it. it was 9:50. This is important.

I bring them their meal at 10:10. So it took 20 mins for food to get to them. They seem fine. They say nothing to me. They do however flag down the manager. The very much a pushover manager.

They tell the POM (Push Over Manager) that they did not get service for a while when they sat down, and that it took over an hour for food to get to them. (they knew what they wanted the second they walked in the door and did not even look at the menu)

I tell POM that that canno be true. I watched them walk in the door and I sat them. That they knew and were telling me their order before they took off their coats. I also showed him the bill with the timestamp on it. And that furthermore I did not even walk into the building till 9:30 so it was impossible for them to be here that long.

He comped half their meal.

I called him spineless.

Their bill came to $6.83. They left $7.00 on the table. I got a $0.17 tip.

Now for something completely diffrent.

The table right next to the amazingly sucky table, was the truely amazing table.

They heard what was going on.

They told me that it was a bunch of crap. That the other table should have gone to burger king. They were there 5 mins before the other table. (which is true, yay timestamps!)

I told them what had happned.

They left me a 68% tip.

I love them.

I did however wish evil things upon the amazingly sucky table. My co-workers burst out giggling at my mutterings. which consisted of hoping that their sister/wife/grandma was pregnant and did not know who was the father was, you, your dad, or your nephew. who happened to be only 2 men.
    Last edited by monolayth; 03-03-2008, 10:59 PM. Reason: left something out.
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

That second table sounds like something I would do. I leave insane tips, if they're deserved. I left a 50% tip the other night after having a milkshake with a friend at Steak'n'Shake, since we took up the guys table for nearly an hour on a small bill.

And your manager needs to be slapped. What a waste, especially when their complaints were so obviously untrue. Maybe if fewer people succumbed to their nonsense, they'd learn not to lie.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

That happened to me a few times when I waited tables. One table would be complete assholes, and then another table would overhear what was going on, feel bad for me, and be extra nice and over-tip.

There are really really rotten people in the world, but the really really awesome people more than make up for them.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I had an amazing watress at the pantry yesterday for lunch. When I ran out of juice she brought me a water before I could even think to ask. She refilled my friends pop without prompting. Hell when we asked where she was from, (she had an accent) she told us we had three guesses!! Then when we guessed Ukrainian. She made a face and told us we were no fun

Then when she brought our bills she brought us a tiny (think halloween) smarties candy box as our prize for guessing right!!

I think between the five of us we left a 50% tip. Best waitress evar!

Comment

Totally sucky, but I think I'd be madder at your manager than the idiot couple. It's bad enough when a manager is spineless, but when it actually costs you money in the process, it's unforgiveable.

Good thing I wasn't there to witness it. I'd have probably been thrown out for sticking up for you so vehemently.

I actually did call a manager spineless once as a customer when I witnessed him cave into a lying-entitled customer..actually very similar to this situation.

I actually went up to the manager and spoke up for the server since I had heard what the lying customer said and told him what I had overheard. The kicker was, he was rude to ME for speaking up for the server, yet had kissed the ass of the lying scumbag of a customer. I was pissed.

I left the server a huge tip and NEVER returned.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

The sad thing was the manager agreed that they were out of line. He still caved in.

Its a good thing that they said nothing to mebecause I would have gone off on them because I had proof.
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I'd come slap your manager myself if I lived anywhere near Nebraska...

<why don't we have a bitch-slap smiley?>
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

we have a fish slap will that do?
                Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                  This comes with a timestamp on it. it was 9:50. This is important.

I bring them their meal at 10:10. So it took 20 mins for food to get to them.

They tell the POM (Push Over Manager) that they did not get service for a while when they sat down, and that it took over an hour for food to get to them. (they knew what they wanted the second they walked in the door and did not even look at the menu)

I tell POM that that canno be true. I watched them walk in the door and I sat them. That they knew and were telling me their order before they took off their coats. I also showed him the bill with the timestamp on it. And that furthermore I did not even walk into the building till 9:30 so it was impossible for them to be here that long.

He comped half their meal.

I called him spineless.

Their bill came to $6.83. They left $7.00 on the table. I got a $0.17 tip.

Grrr....I hated this when I worked in restaurants...having proof to back up my side of things and the SCs still getting comped meals!!!!!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Back in my serving days, all of my managers were push overs, well just lazy really. They did not care why the customer wanted a comp, they just gave them a free meal.

Comment

Your manager is a walking medical miracle. I've never seen a human being that can walk upright and still have no spine.
                      I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
                        Your manager is a walking medical miracle. I've never seen a human being that can walk upright and still have no spine.
                        You havn't worked nearly long enough then. Spinicus Jellicus is all too common.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Spinicus Jellicus
                          ... Kid Icarus? I mean, Pit? Where's Mega Man?
                          Last edited by Imogene; 03-05-2008, 06:23 PM. Reason: Fixed the tagging
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            I'd come slap your manager myself if I lived anywhere near Nebraska...

<why don't we have a bitch-slap smiley?>
                            I have one; feel free to take it and save to your own image host for added fun on threads like this. XD

That manager sounds like a complete waste of oxygen. -.- It's idiots like that who make SCs believe that all they have to do is lie, cheat and throw tantrums and they'll get what they want.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              That manager sounds like a complete waste of oxygen. -.- It's idiots like that who make SCs believe that all they have to do is lie, cheat and throw tantrums and they'll get what they want.
                              And it's because of spineless wonders like that "manager" that SCs have learned that it does work. Ah, yes, the powers of positive(!) reinforcement.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X