This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threats of violence

First up - we have two kinds of car wash at my work. One's automatic, the other's do-it-yourself. It has long hoses, and sometimes idiots manage to somehow magically get grease all over the hoses. We clean them as often as we can but sometimes some idiot gets grease all over their car.

The rest was told to me by a co-worker when I started my shift today.

SC somehow didn't notice that he got grease from the hoses all over his car and himself. Then he got into the car and got grease all over the upholstery. He demanded that my manager "do something about it", manager refused because it was basically SC's fault (trust me, it's pretty hard not to notice black grease all over a bright blue hose).

SC said "I'll punch you in the face!"
    Manager stayed calm, cool and collected and said "I'll grab you by the neck and throw you onto the main road."

SC buggered off and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

(if I was in that position I'd say something like "Then I'd have to have you arrested for assault, and that won't get your car clean.")

How do you not notice that you got grease all over yourself or the car???

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
      By doing a slinky dance with the hose...?

I've fallen over hoses at car washes, and seen people wrap them around their legs so its not too much of a leap to get it over the rest of your clothes.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        By doing a slinky dance with the hose...?

OMG Why did I just picture some one doing a pole dance with the hose!!!

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
          Why did I just picture some one doing a pole dance with the hose!
          Man, that's how to get a person hot and bothered! Not that lame Jessica Simpson burger commercial!
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
            He demanded that my manager "do something about it"
            .... point and laugh?
            Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              SC buggered off and hasn't been seen or heard from since.
              Perhaps he said that to the wrong person & is either in jail, or laid up in a hospital bed.

Seriously, why do some people think that they can just talk to employees anyway they want to? That's why I get so ticked off whenever I hear someone say 'the customer is always right!'
              "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
              ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I love your manager. Most would crumple, thinking somehow that self defense is a dirty word in customer service.
                Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I like it when people threaten me at work. When someone threatens me at work, I go from the indifferent but helpful security guard to the I will hit you until you stop making noise bastard that will not put up with any more crap. Seriously, twice on my job I have said to people: "If you do not go away and leave me alone I will beat you until you stop making noise" while shaking my maglight at them. Both times this made them back down. And I have yet to receive any complaints from anyone. I love my job.

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                    Seriously, why do some people think that they can just talk to employees anyway they want to?
                    My theory is because spineless managers have catered to their every whim for so many years, even in assault and theft situations.

Like children who have spineless parents, they realize that if they throw a big enough tantrum, they'll get their way.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

that sounds excactly like my manager
                      he is the most friendly patient person you know,
                      but the second you start taking the mick he wont hestitate to put anyone in their place

Comment

Quoth psibob84 View Post
                        but the second you start taking the mick he wont hesitate to put anyone in their place
                        I don't understand your slang.
                        Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

i thikn it means to start talking crap and giving him grief etc

Comment

SC said "I'll punch you in the face!"
                            "Do that and you might wake up in the hospital, but you'll certainly never know what hit you."
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
                              I heard more about it today, apparently the guy had black grease all over his arms, face and shirt (and car). And he drove home like that, didn't notice the grease all over everything until he left a black hand print on the front door to his house. So yeah, Gord knows how he managed to do that.

Also one of our favourite regulars who happens to be a bodybuilder and amateur boxer was in the store at the time and after the SC left he said he was ready to "do whatever it takes" to help us.

Comment

Working...
                              X