X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Lace I'm a fan now

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
      What is it with some people .. when was the last time ANY store had ANYTHING "in back"?

We actually kept lots of backstock on magazines. Some titles we'd get so many there was just no way to put them all out. Store1 also has drawers under the magazine racks for backstock on the really big titles. Store2 has a different type of fixture which doesn't have drawers, but they have 2 benches under the windows which are really storage chests for the hot titles.

Finding anything back there...well, that's a different story...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

What is it with some people .. when was the last time ANY store had ANYTHING "in back"?
        When I bought Crysis, it was in the back. I'd called the store in advance, and they said they had it in. I got there, couldn't find it. Flagged an employee, asked if it was infact in, he went to the back and brought out a regular and a collector's edition. Then again, this place was horrible about getting shipments out on time.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Why would anyone buy a TV Guide? Unless I'm the only one whose area is serviced with a TV Guide channel.

Comment

I have a TV Guide channel too, and an internet connection, but as I recall the magazine has articles about the shows and whatnot.
            "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
              Why would anyone buy a TV Guide? Unless I'm the only one whose area is serviced with a TV Guide channel.
              Frankly, those TV guide channels SUCK around here. When I was a kid, there was an okay one, showed 5 channels at once, and cycled through 50 channels in about 3 minutes, and showed the next hour and a half, or two hours, something like that. Took up over half the screen, with the rest being the PPV channel advertisements.

Now? 3 channels at a time, bizzare coding so you can't tell what's what kind of program, not accurate a lot of the time, and cycles through 120 channels in those same 3 minutes. Good luck trying to figure out what's coming on next.

Unless you're talking about those on-demand TV guide things, which aren't as prevelant as they could be, and can be kind of finicky when you're trying to figure stuff out.

TV Guide can be useful, but geez, the lady in the OP was really acting like she was being denied her fix.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Frankly, those TV guide channels SUCK around here. When I was a kid, there was an okay one, showed 5 channels at once, and cycled through 50 channels in about 3 minutes, and showed the next hour and a half, or two hours, something like that. Took up over half the screen, with the rest being the PPV channel advertisements.
                The one here is pretty simple. It shows about 10 channels per page and goes through all the channels in about two minutes.
                It sucks when they start showing movies and sports, but hell, it's free and that's all that matters to me.

Comment

What is even better is at my job the racking is 12 feet high. Now most people can reach the bottom 8 feet or so of it, leaving 4 feet for overstock. All the time I check the shelf and overstock (what a fitting word) and still get asked to check the back, which is a receiving area more than a few days and the SM starts to freak.
                  If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

Working...
                  X