• You could have told me!

We have our drinks specials listed on little cards on each table like so,
    Monday: Any martini $3.99
    Tuesday: Paralyzers $3.50, Bud $3.50
    Wednesday: Caesars $3.50, Coors Lite $3.50
    Thursday: Any iced tea $3.99, Canadian $3.50
    Friday: Highballs $2.99, Corona/Heineken $3.50
    Saturday: Coolers/Ciders $3.50, Sleemans $3.50
    Sunday: Choose your favourite drink special!

A lady came in for lunch today and asked if we have any pale ale. I said yes, we have Okanagan Pale Ale. She said that would be lovely. Everything goes well, they enjoy their meal. I billed them, and the lady comes up to the bar and says,
    "You're supposed to have $3.50 beer specials on Sunday."
    "We do, but I'm afraid the OK Pale Ale isn't listed as a special."
    "Well, you could have TOLD ME!"
    and she throws down her money and storms out

I'm sorry, it is not my job to chase after you and make sure you fully understand that you can't have your premium beer at a domestic special price. I offered to bring over the beer list , which has the prices on it, when you first asked what we had, but you refused it. And the specials are listed right in front of you.

but.... sucky customers don't read.... or, perhaps they read but only with.... um... "creative" interpretations. Or intentionally low reading comprehension.
    Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

*sigh* No one ever puts Guinness on special.

I guess next she would have wanted you to cut her food up into smaller, more manageable pieces, too.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
        *sigh* No one ever puts Guinness on special.

WE ARE!!! but only until st patricks day

Comment

She actually wanted you to put her alkie in a Spongebob Sippy Cup, cut her meat into little tiny squares, play the "airplane" game while you fed her, then take her into your lap and tell her a bedtime story and sing to her.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
            Despite being Irish, I almost never go out on St. Patrick's Day. That much drunkenness makes me want to scream.
            However I would very much enjoy any bar with Guinness on special until that day.

But on the topic of St. Patrick's Day, if ONE more person who is not Irish comes up to me and says, "Kiss me I'm Irish!" I'm dumping his tacky green beer over his head.

Ok, so you can see I have issues with the drunks.

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
              Oh dear St Patricks day. Why did you have to remind me it was so close? I bet it's going to be hellish, I bet I am working it and I bet I will be on here as soon as it's over with about a million SC stories.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                But on the topic of St. Patrick's Day, if ONE more person who is not Irish comes up to me and says, "Kiss me I'm Irish!" I'm dumping his tacky green beer over his head.
                The next person that pinches me had better be prepared to pull back a stump. Look at my eyes numbnuts, they're green! I wear green everyday whether I want to or not!

I agree with you on the Guiness! I love the stuff. And I don't have any at the moment. I need to rectify that tomorrow!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post

Ok, so you can see I have issues with the drunks.
                  lol around here at about 11pm the "im Irish" part falls off lol nothing as sad or as intising as a sloppy drunk 20-40 something looking for love lol I can handle the drunks as long as they dont touch me, spill anything on me, or get behind the wheel. I'll happly stay home and drink with my dogs that night! And just so you all know Im a cheap drunk but the dog only drinks wild turkey!

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                    But they SWEAR they're Irish!
                    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Oh, gods, St. Patrick's Day and the amateur Irish.

I *AM* Irish. As in second cousins on both sides of the Troubles in Northern Ireland Irish.

I stay home on St. Pat's.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                        You might want to be careful when dumping the beer, I'm half Irish but don't look it due to my mom's Mexican blood. You could hit an Irish lad or lass --like me--whose coloring is off due to gentic mixing.
                        Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Quoth worddork View Post
                          You might want to be careful when dumping the beer, I'm half Irish but don't look it due to my mom's Mexican blood. You could hit an Irish lad or lass --like me--whose coloring is off due to gentic mixing.
                          Then let's just say the solicitation of kisses from ANY sloppy drunk will result in berr dumping.

I'm far too obviously Irish. I AM the stereotype.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                            the amateur Irish.
                            Plastic Paddies as we refer to them around here. It's probably very offensive to someone.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Happy Otter Lover View Post
                              "You're supposed to have $3.50 beer specials on Sunday."
                              "We do, but I'm afraid the OK Pale Ale isn't listed as a special."
                              "Well, you could have TOLD ME!"
                              and she throws down her money and storms out
                              How are you supposed to know every false assumption these nitwits are labouring under?

We can't read minds, people!

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
                              X