X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential sucky customer

As in, it might be me.

SO and I went to Best Buy Friday night and I picked up a new iPod case and a dvd. The iPod case is so tight that I can't get the damned thing in it. I own a nano, and the case is a nano, but still, it won't slide in like it should.

The dvd, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, was on sale for $4.99. I got it because it's a decent movie and I liked it.

Yesterday I opened the dvd case and discovered that it was a floater with a couple of minor scratches. It wouldn't play in my player. I tried another dvd player in the house, and nothing. All said and done, with our 6 dvd players, this disc would not play.

SO says that I will not get an exchange on the dvd since it was an "all sales final" deal, but the site still shows it as being available, so I can't see why they wouldn't let me exchange it. I don't think I'll have a problem with the iPod case since I'll probably get something else.

Help me not be sucky to the people tomorrow so I can just get the dvd exchanged.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

What kind of iPod case is it? I got one of those rubbery ones for mine (also a Nano but the older version of them) and it was so hard to wiggle it in but once I got it in I realised it was that hard so that it wouldn't slip off or anything.
    Usually they're super snug so that there's no movement.
    Then again if you have a newer Nano then I know nothing.

I don't think you should have an issue returning the iPod case, and if you nicely show them the scratches on the DVD and let them know you only want an exchange for the same thing, not a refund, they very well may accommodate that.

Comment

It's a Liz Claiborne case. I've gotten one before, and I didn't have a problem with the Nano going in. This one the fit is really tight. I couldn't even get it halfway in. The Nano is a 2nd gen one, if that helps.

I just want to get a case for it that I don't have to take it out of the case in order to charge it or plug the jack in for my car stereo when I want to listen to it.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I think with the dvd you'll be fine, just be calm and patient and all that good stuff, take it to the returns desk with your receipt, and explain nicely that it was scratched up and unplayable when you got it home. Good luck!
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Heck, if I managed to return an empty DVD box, I think you can return a scratched one...
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
          X