X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not your receptionist.

I'm a host at a chain restaurant.

So, today was fairly dull and dead; we were expecting some winter weather that never seemed to actually come, so I think that scared everyone off. But anyway, we did have SOME customers . . . including some folks who were conducting interviews in one of our seldom-used sections.

Of course, I probably shouldn't call them customers; they weren't paying for the space, and they weren't ordering any food. God knows why they chose OUR store to set-up in, unless they know one of the managers or something and were owed a favor (who knows?) But it seems that their own office space wasn't ready yet.

Fine, whatever. I was told to send anyone asking about an interview up that way. All in all, very little impact on my day, right?

. . . except.

I got some confusing calls that day. Far enough apart that I didn't put it together for a while, but there were some people trying to reach someone who, to the best of my knowledge, didn't work there.

Then, this:

Guy: Hello, I'm looking for ____. Now, I don't THINK he works here, but I'm scheduled to have an interview with him today and he gave your store number as the number he can be contacted at . . .

Oh.

Yeah, this guy gave out my store number as *his*. When he clearly owns a cell phone--half the times I tried to get him, he was in another empty section and talking on the thing. Plus, he didn't inform me, my manager, or anyone else working that he'd done that.

Now, I think I'd already sent most of the calls away, but past this point . . . I still wasted a fair amount of time heading back and forth across the restaurant to get him his calls.

Which, I will note, I'm receiving no compensation for, considering that he hasn't even ordered any food.

WTF? I'm not your receptionist. I'm my store's receptionist, so to speak (I answer calls, after all), but not yours. You know? Pay me $8 an hour and we'll talk, but until then, no!

Jerk.

-_- After he left, I spoke with the manager about it. The manager said that "He can't do that phone thing," which is good . . . but his use of the present tense makes me wonder if the frickin' guy's coming back.

Look, dude. Do me a favor and wait until your office space is ready, and stop wasting my and my store's time.

Kthx!

I didn't have a customer do this, but I was the customer of a new landlord who was a royal jerk and did something similar. He knew I was moving out of my apartment and told me he was having someone come to look at the place during the day. I said it was no problem, cleaned up the place and guess what? It was on my day off, so I was home. He obviously wasn't expecting that because instead of showing the nice, business attired lady the apartments rooms, he proceeded to have her plunk paperwork down on MY kitchen table and do business with her regarding his, get this, permit to sell guns.

As if I didn't have enough reasons to think the guy was a jerk (he was trying to claim that I ruined the carpet, which was older than I was!), he decided that he could tell the city officials that he lived in my apartment, so that he could get a city permit to sell his guns there, instead of giving his real address in a much larger city half an hour away, where it would cost much, much more. I think I ruined his little plan when I asked if he planned on showing my apartment again that day... right in front of the lady.
    "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Geez, the least the guy could've done was order food and tipped well.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I wonder if the "business owner" conducting the interviews wasn't trying to scam the people coming in for the interviews.

It seems kind of fishy.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
        X