Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the guy asked, "Did he jump out?" and not "Did he attack someone?".
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      but this truck guy.... you don't leave your doggy by itself in the car. it's unsafe. and i dont just mean the doggie would bite someone... it's unsafe for the dog because there are jerks out there who will try to kill it just for fun, or even for hatred of the breed. so it's safer for the dog to not be left out in a parking lot by itself.
      Exactly. Well, IN the cab would have been a safer place for him. It was cool enough that he wouldn't have overheated. However, to be essentially out in the open is dumb and unsafe.

I'll take the dog to the store sometimes (he absolutely LOVES car rides) and leave him in the car, but I drive an SUV. I put the E-brake on (he IS smart, after all haha), pop open my back window, and lock the car. It's only for short errands, and he's safely locked inside.

Gah...the stupid of some people.
      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        it can also be stolen
        especially a pit bull, I know a guy that had his stolen

pit bulls are the only dogs I actually like, they're just about the only breed that hasn't aggressive barked at me, even a couple days ago there was a dog in a car barking and slamming on the window making it bend about an inch. the little toy dogs are the worst for barking. then you have the medium sized ones that are dark colored sitting in a car with dark seats at night that wait til you're right next to the car to bark and attack the window. those make me flinch every time

Comment

I really don't know how anyone can drive around with their dog in the back of an open pickup.

But then, I really cared about my dog, when I had one.

My dad and I almost accidently killed a dog while driving. Some chowderhead had his dog in the back of an open pickup and the dog FELL OUT IN FRONT OF OUR MOVING CAR. It was a two lane country road, guy was going east, we were going west. How my dad managed to avoid hitting that dog I will never know. Neither we or the other driver were going really fast, but his dog was banged up and shaken pretty badly. That must've been 25 years ago, and it STILL bothers me when I think about it.

I can only hope the guy learned something from all that mess.

Comment

GAH. I can't stand people who do stupid things like that with hteir animals. people suck sometimes.

Quoth chawksftw View Post
            I'm not sure why so many people love those aggressive dogs. Whatever happened to people liking sweet dogs like golden retrievers and labs?
            My boy is a golden/lab mix. I, personally, would not go with much else considering we have a young child at home.
            Last edited by retaildrone; 01-23-2008, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Could have been messy

This could easily end up the same as the present mess of the tiger that killed the boy recently.

Clearly the zoo made a mistake in not having the wall high enough so the tiger could never get out, on the other hand the boys probably would not been attacked if they had not been yelling and throwing things at the tiger.

Some teenage stupidness could happen to this dog, without a lease designed to keep the dog inside the truck's bed major injuries could occur is the right (wrong?) fools showed up.

Comment

Quoth chawksftw View Post
                Oh, but don't you know that everyone's dogs are nice, happy, sweet and harmless? Until they tear someone's face off, that is.

I'm not sure why so many people love those aggressive dogs. Whatever happened to people liking sweet dogs like golden retrievers and labs?
                Those dogs have the ability to be the sweetest creatures in the world, actually. My boyfriend has a pitt that will soon be mine as well who gets super excited when I'm over there and can't help but give me big slobbery doggy kisses when he sees me. I loves him to bits.

Clearly the zoo made a mistake in not having the wall high enough so the tiger could never get out, on the other hand the boys probably would not been attacked if they had not been yelling and throwing things at the tiger.
                Wasn't there also evidence that the tiger had been helped out of the pen?
                Last edited by Pixagi; 01-23-2008, 05:31 AM. Reason: Adding response to another post.
                6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

Ok so yesterday I had to take my parents dog, who is also the biological son of my dog (brother/ liter mate to the dog in my icon), to the vet.
                  Well, I had Rae in my arms and Artie on a leash. In the waiting room is a beautiful Weimaraner. I went to the other side of the "lobby". Rae turned away so as not to see the much bigger dog (she is only 9 lbs) Artie on the other hand wanted to go over and say hi and check her out. (He has a thing for girl dogs with long legs . . .his first girlfriend was a Dalmation that he would stand under)
                  I kept hold of his leash and said "I am so sorry about him being like this . . .but, well he likes taller women"
                  She laughed and said that sadly her dog was scared of smaller dogs due to a former neighbor whose dog had an inferiority complex.
                  It does make me laugh at how aggressive some small dogs can be and then humans sit there and make comments about it being cute/ sweet . .. or even understandable. There are ways to train your dog.
                  Personally I think a dogs behavior is a huge magnification/ reflection of the owner.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                    Personally I think a dogs behavior is a huge magnification/ reflection of the owner.
                    Agreed. When we had our cocker spaniel we started off getting his fur professionally trimmed. One day we had a new trimmer show up and start to put a muzzle on him, saying that cocker spaniels would bite her. Not our dog, he loved getting his fur trimmed. So much so he would fall asleep!

After a couple of minutes, we found out why cocker spaniels bit her. Ours just about took a couple nips at her too, because she PINCHED THE SKIN! Needless to say I can't blame dogs for biting at that, I almost wanted to slap her in the face myself. We stopped her before the muzzle went on, got our usual trimmer on the line and told her what happened. (and she knew our dog was a sleeping baby when he gets his fur trimmed) she came over and finished the job. She also showed my mom how to trim im and we bought a trimmer a couple of weeks later.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Wow, I just can't imagine all of the bad scenarios that could have occurred with the dog in the pickup. And I don't just mean dog biting people. That dog was alone and vulnerable to anyone walking by.
                      I was reading a news story this morning about the dogfighting problem in my city. The vile disgusting bastards* who enjoy this "sport" will procure bait animals for their dogs to practice on. The bait dogs are often blinded or declawed to make them more helpless. How would the stupid pickup truck guy feel if someone lured his pet away to be tortured to death in this way.
                      I hope he learned to never again leave his dog alone in an open pickup bed.

* I completely believe that anyone who raises dogs just to fight to death for their entertainment should be thrown in their own dog pit and have to experience what it feels like to be the "bait". Then, if they survive, they should be locked away forever in a very small rusty cage in a dank, dark basement.

Sorry, I guess that article I read this morning affected me more than I realized.

Comment

When I worked at one of my smaller theatres, we had a customer notify us that there was a dog in a van with the window barely cracked. It was around 90-95 degrees that day, so we called the fire department.

They came out and told us to find the owner of the van before they broke the window out and took the dog. We went through each of our movies, turned them off, turned on the lights, and asked who vehicle it was.

After the 8th movie, we finally found him. He wasn't too happy, as I think he got a fine from the city.

Some people are such idiots.

Comment

My first reaction is on the order of poor doggie

my second involves proscribed medical procedures on the Idiot human.

A dogs behavior is only as good as the humans who trains them, very few dogs (of any breed) are inherently psycho (though being fair there are a few)

Poor poor dog...

Mieka

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                            Spoilt rotten? I did kinda object to when my Kay-Cari would SHOVE ME out of my own bed. -_- Other than that she was pretty much my little sister. She went almost eveywhere with me until I started working for the Tree and even then I'd take her out just to roam. She always wore her harness in town and she was well behaved.

I miss my pup.
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                            X