Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, we do not provide credit because you changed your mind!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, we do not provide credit because you changed your mind!

I thought of putting this under technical stuff, but I think it is better under this category. I had a customer that was demanding a month's worth of internet service, all because her service was "disconnected without her authorization". So, it fell upon me to do the research and decide if this woman was entitled to a credit. When I read the notes, three reps, all in different offices, had noted this woman's desire to cancel her service. Shortly after it was canceled, she called back to change her mind, stating she no longer wanted it canceled. The order had completed, which meant everything this lady had was gone, including her e-mails. We were able to rebuild the account, but not with all of her stuff. Because of that, she changed her tune and stated we disconnected her service without her authorization, plus she wanted a full investigation on how this happened. Believe me, the investigation was short. I told her flat out that I do the investigations, and it was noted three times by three different people that she wanted her service canceled. She then called back hours later, when there was plenty of time in between to change her mind, but when it was too late to stop the order. I therefore denied her any credit being we are not going to credit someone that can't make up their mind about keeping or getting rid of their service.

Today, she called back about how she could not access her e-mail. It turned out, when we reactivated the service, the e-mail was never added correctly, and again, she wanted credit for that. Thankfully, when I called her back, I received her voice mail, so I left her a message that I resolved the issue, and further credits were being denied. We already credited this woman $15 in late fees, which we did not have to do. In fact, we did not have to reactivate her service being she had a "grandfathered" e-mail account. Usually once it's gone, we cannot put it back in, unless it was under extreme circumstances, like it being disconnected a day or so before.

When I left her the message, I stated very clearly to her that this problem occurred "after you canceled the service before we reactivated it", although I had to bite my lip while I told her how sorry I was that this happened. I stated also that no more credits were being provided being we already provided a courtesy credit on late charges that were billed "prior to your calling to cancel the service before you decided to reactivate it".

I think I pounded the message home. Hopefully she won't call back for a while.

I'm just wondering one thing: what's a "grandfathered" email?

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
      i don't know if it applies to this case, but most times when something is "grandfathered" it's a service or rate on a service that is no longer offered but that the company still honors for it's customers that already signed up for the service or that rate on the service before it was discontinued.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        i don't know if it applies to this case, but most times when something is "grandfathered" it's a service or rate on a service that is no longer offered but that the company still honors for it's customers that already signed up for the service or that rate on the service before it was discontinued.
        That's the way it goes. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
          My actual title on that was "grandfathered e-mail account". The company I work for bought out the domain this lady had, which means today, if a customer wants a new account, it has to be under the company's new domain name. Phone companies also come to mind when this term is applied. Most customers, particularly in Florida, have plans or services no longer offered to new customers, or can no longer be added to existing accounts. These services, if you have them, are there, but once removed, they are gone forever and cannot be added back. A few years back, I had encountered this one customer who still had one of those old party lines! Talk about an ancient service there.

Comment

Working...
          X