Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in SC and I have never heard of, much less tasted, fried pickles.

Talk to me, folks. This is intriguing.

Comment

I'm not one for fried pickles (or regular for that matter) but one thing I like is fried green beans. TGIFridays was serving them on my birthday last year and they were VERY good. I tried making them at home and found out I could make them too.
      Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Quoth daleduke17 View Post
        but one thing I like is fried green beans.
        No no no--better than that- dilly beans! Like pickled green beans. YES they are GOOOOOOOOOD.

Or fried asapagus. mmm
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          I live in SC and I have never heard of, much less tasted, fried pickles.

Talk to me, folks. This is intriguing.
          Just like they sound. Take a pickle, slice it accross so it looks like little circles of pickle, then bread it and fry it. Most popular types around here seems to be Dill pickles and Butter Pickles, but I could see doing it with other types. There should be some good batter recipes online, if you want to try and make some yourself.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Hmmm....sounds pretty similar to fried green tomatoes...which ROCK. I'll try it!

Guy at my church proudly refers to himself as the "Ghetto Martha Stewart". He is very, very black and very, very gay. He's also the best cook in the church, and extremely enthustiastic to do so at every opportunity, which is awesome for the rest of us. And what he cooks is very much what you'd call "Soul Food."

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

And while I won't post his name online, it's typically what you'd call a "black name". By that, I mean that down here in the south, most people with his first name are black (much as with mine!). So the guy who was all offended on Jamal's behalf probably would have his head explode if he came to my church when our guy is making lunch. I think he fulfulls a couple of supposedly "offensive" stereotypes, a fact that he himselfs milks for much humor.

Comment

Working...
            X