This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale and coupon hell

A few days ago, we had a sale where you could buy a can of soup and get another can half off. Thing is, that sale was only allowed for a certain brand. This lady either could not or would not understand that concept. Back and forth we went with me telling this lady this offer could only be applied to a certain brand and the lady screaming at me because she says that it applies to all brands of soup. See, she wanted to take advantage of this sale with a different brand. She just left the soup after the manager told her to either pay for the soup or get the specific brand.

Then we had a guy try to use the offer stated above, only he wanted to replace soup with grapes. He left the grapes at the counter when he realized that we weren't having any of it.

And now, there's cat lady. Cat lady had a coupon for two free cans of cat food if she bought eight cans. Well apparantly, the only words on the coupon cat lady read was "cat" "food" and "free" I told her she could only have TWO free cans and she had to buy eight other cans in order for that to happen. She kept insisting that all of the cans were free because the coupon said so! Yeah, you have twenty cans of cat food on the belt and you really think we're giving it all away for free? Try again. Manager got so tired of her, he told her that he'll rip up that damn coupon and she won't get any cans for free if she keeps it up. She finally shut up and bought her cat food.

Another lady tried to use the cat food coupon by buying only one can of food and expecting the next two to be free. Got annoyed when she saw that wasn't going to happen. Her husband tried to use the same coupon with a bag of dog food.
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

People are so dumb! They have selective reading skills where they only understand what they want to read and that's it and to hell with the rest of it. Surprised she didn't try to switch the signs to get the one she wanted (see my ole switchero post).

Comment

There are some people who try to be slick by reading only what they want to believe.

Comment

Buy eight and get two free and the customer comes up with a multi-pak and two individual cans. Or buy two save a dollar and a customer comes up with a two pack. Trying to explain to the customer I have to scan eight individual bar codes and that the multi-pak is packaged as a special discount already and that they have to purchase purchase 8 individuals will only result in arguments and suck.

Some coupons also have horrible tag lines. Buy 2 of X brand toilet paper or larger and save a dollar. They mean, buy 2 of x brand or 2 larger. But hell, NO ONE reads it that way. Little by little, I am seeing some coupons beginning to correct this, but it drives me batty.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

She must be a regular at my old Convenience Store Hell. The manager would let people get away with anything when it came to coupons, though he preferred doing that with cigarette coupons.
          "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Working...
          X