Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite definition of "Manga" was one listed on Something Awful. They refer to it as "secret yankee culture poison".

Thanks to manga, what used to be called "dressing up" is now called "cosplay".
    I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
    -The Amazing E
    Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth Velfarre2001 View Post
      Yes, he and Kagome have an attraction, it is quite obvious, not at first, but later on. But the relation is Ranma and Akane all over again..... blegh.

And Seshoumaru does not want Inuyasha dead anymore, nor does he really hate him, more annoyance then anything.
      I should point out I made that particular connection around the end of the first season, when it started airing in America. I had been downloading fansubbed episodes, and they were so horrifically far off with the dubs shown on TV that I could NOT bring myself to continue to read/watch it.

I have seen the first disc of Boogiepop Phantom, and then subsequently, it was stolen from me by the New SM of Chesterfield. I loaned it to him, and the disc never returned. *sad*

Ah, Megami-sama! Nice, interesting, a little sappy, but damn, does it fit my belief system to a T. Urd all the way, she should have had more screen time.

The series I would love to see more of is Ragnarok. They stopped at ten in America, I believe. Norse mythos is fun.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        I highly reccomend "pet shop of Horrors" if you can still find it-it's great-10 books in the series it was released about 2 or 3 years ago. shows SCs getting comeuppance-example from the anime based off the book-

D-pet store owner Count D-who sells "interesting pets"*
        SC-yeah we know who this is

SC-(on phone, yelling)-"you sold me a defective tiger, I don't know what your trying to pull, but when I invited my friends to see it it was only a painting.!!!!"
        D-"I see well I sold you a tiger yes, but you signed a contract saying you agreed that you wouldn't show it to anyone."
        SC-"Well what's the point of buying atiger if you can't show it off?!!"
        D-"well that was one of the stipulations of the contract-you broke the contract."
        SC-"yeah but...(sounds of tiger growling in background)...wait get it off me aaaa!"(sounds of SC getting eaten by tiger)
        D-(sighs)"Contract broken, when will they learn?"

*he sells all sorts of animals with a strange contract, that when broken, ends very badly, usually in the death of the pet owner. He sells a rabbit that looks like a couples dead daughter, a mermaid, a gorgon, various human looking cats, a human looking bird, and various other animals.

EEE! I LOVE Pet Shop of Horrors! Greatest use of Darwinism EVER!
        6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

Working...
        X