Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family is from the Ozarks. Fried chicken, cornbread, watermelon, peach cobbler, greens, biscuits and gravy, corn on the cob, pork chops. I'm so hungry now.

But no okra. I don't like it. There's a restaurant near my job that specializes in Cajun and Creole food that makes fried okra. Tried it again, still don't like it.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      My family is from the Ozarks. Fried chicken, cornbread, watermelon, peach cobbler, greens, biscuits and gravy, corn on the cob, pork chops. I'm so hungry now.
      I love cornbread...slathered in butter...warm and melty...mmmmmm....

Also corn on the cob...slathered in bu....<thud>... (hey I'm from Jersey...we do corn on the cob right around here! It's the best part of summer, if you ask me!)

It's kinda funny, but I can easily eat 2, sometimes 3, ears of corn on the cob. But if you cut it off and put it in a bowl...I would normally never eat that much of anything in one sitting..!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I know what you mean, I'm from NY, and in the summer, butter-covered corn on the cob went with everything, Steak, chicken, pork chops etc.

This thread is making me too hungry.

Comment

Quoth ShetenshiSenshi View Post
          I know what you mean, I'm from NY, and in the summer, butter-covered corn on the cob went with everything, Steak, chicken, pork chops etc.

This thread is making me too hungry.
          I forgot to mention the generous sprinkling of salt on top of all that butter! Now I'm thinking of dinner and it's only 4 pm...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh wow am I hungry now. Thanks a lot everyone. I love pretty much all the foods listed by everyone. Now I have to go out and buy me some Okra

Seriously though, that guy was a horrible SC. It doesn't surprise me any, since in my gas station days half my customers would freak if they saw me with a bag of chips.

Comment

This thread is making me hope no one on the phones heard me joke with a black co-worker (who I went to high school with) that I was working on MLK day so that he could have the day off
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

I want corn on the cob now

Comment

At one of my old jobs our department was made up of workers from Hawaii, Philippines, and Cambodia. Those potlucks were AWESOME! Pad Thai, fried rice, roast pork--yummy!
                  My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Our call center is similar - we have "food days" whenever we're celebrating an accomplishment or sending someone off to a new job, and there's always a crazy assortment of food. And I know it gets us a bit riled, as well, as we're all excited that there's food!

And I agree with TPG, because maybe they were too excited and her CW was too loud, but it's bound to happen once in a while in a call center with that many people working in a confined area. That caller apparently just had a stick up his butt and felt the need to rant about the first thing that "offended" him.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Potlucks are brilliant as everyone gets to bring in something different that they like and I have never worked anywhere that hasn't had quite a few different nationalities so it is good as you are able to find out about dishes you may never have heard of.

The SC well was being an SC. This is a clear example of someone overhearing something and then taking it completely out of context. This is why in my course we are taught that we have to write nearly everything down in our lab books and notes so that when we eventually have to go to Court as an expert witness the lawyers can't take what we did out of context.

It also doesn't shock me that the SC was able to hear them, because when I have had to talk to call centres a lot have those microphone headsets that turn themselves on and off due to noise activation, so when the person is typing in some information or reading something the mics often turns themselves on and off and I have been able to hear clear as day the conversation going on next station and that person is talking normally to someone else on the phone, I guess the mics are supersensitive so that people can always hear, but whenever your near someone on the phone you should be as quite as possible.

By the way I am an Aussie and I have only made it to the West Coast of the States, so I would like to ask what is okra and what does it taste like????
                      Last edited by Forensic Waitress; 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM. Reason: Remembered some more stuff
                      Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

Can someone please come make me sausage and gravy biscuits?

kthnxbye.

Comment

Quoth Forensic Waitress View Post
                          By the way I am an Aussie and I have only made it to the West Coast of the States, so I would like to ask what is okra and what does it taste like????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okra

As for taste... it's... yummy?
                          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            I'm eating some right now.
                            You tease, you.

No sharing?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*is very glad she ate dinner before reading this thread*

Of course, now I want biscuits and gravy. Thanks, retaildrone!
                              MySpace

Comment

That is epic, especially how Jamal joked about the fried chicken and watermelon in the end.

It's rainin', rainin', on the streets of New York City.

Comment

Working...
                                X