This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..... ok no funny name

Today, my voice is deep and low, cause its a little hoarse. i try to talk louder but im literally yelling and the only way i can get louder is to scream, and that would be bad.
    So add deeper voice and lower voice,to my natural speech impediment, fast talking ways and lack of caring to those who rude about and bad things can happen especially if youd rather be on the phone for 4 minutes cutting me of and scream i cant hear you every 2 seconds rather than hang up.

it wasnt that bad there was on high point
    Woman calls in starts the whole i cant hear your thing. I try to speak slower and louder (my voice doesnt do that well its normally quiet and slow and fast and loud, so i sounded a little condensing) still i cant hear you, again and again until...
    (oh and this is after she demanded to know where she was calling so she knew what stat i was in)
    SC- I CAN'T HEAR YOU. I dont think English is your first language is it!!
    OK i snapped. Ill admit it.
    Me- actually ma'am ive spoken English since i was born here and me and my family probably has spoken it longer than your seeing as my family has been in this country for over 300 years. You are just being racist. Good bye <click>
    yes she just assumed that someone in Arizona who had a speech impediment had to be mexican.

yes i know i was kind of sucky but i wanted to share

I think the lady was kinda sucky, too. (And how do you make the leap from "can't hear you" to "English isn't their first language"?)
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
      I think the lady was kinda sucky, too. (And how do you make the leap from "can't hear you" to "English isn't their first language"?)
      With great agility unencumbered by common sense
      I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

I don't think you were out of line. All some people need is a reality check like that, to serve as a wake-up call.

Kudos to you for giving it to her. Maybe that will teach her to rethink her words and / or actions in the future. ( Yeah, right, maybe as soon as I see those pigs fly by. )

I hope you don't endure any negative repercussions by management for that incident.

Comment

oh I get that all the time because of my speach impediment (I have difficulty saying Rs among other things, so I really have to concentrate and emphasize them to have them come out properly) asking me which call center i'm in and which country they've been sent to... um, yeah, Utah is different but it is still USofA (apparently they think that because I have to slow down on some words that I'm not a native english speaker). Though in my case it seems a bit more plausible than the OPs.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

"I can't hear you!" is one of my pet peeves.

My microphone is on level 9, there is no 10, I don't why there isn't a 10, ask spinal tap.

But pretty much on a daily basis I hear this complaint and it's usually the 60-70th caller of the day. With no complaints from the previous callers

Which means, most likely the hearing problem is an issue on their end or a bad phone connection. I have control over neither.

But, don't ever suggest that. I had a woman get defensive one day, because I had the gall to suggest that maybe, just maybe it was her phone.

Than their are obsessive users of speaker phones.

People who call from a speaker phone and than complain that they're having trouble hearing are a whole different breed of moron.
            Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
              People who call from a speaker phone and than complain that they're having trouble hearing are a whole different breed of moron.
              Actually, I have to use the speaker phone feature on my cell phone. Because the only area that it receives any reception is in a window .... in the kitchen .... and I have to lean across a fairly wide counter top in order to be near my phone. You know, I could go outside, but it's cold ... and sometimes rainy... and I'm just lazy.... and even outside it's not much better ....

So, sometimes I do have to ask the person to repeat themselves (on occasion, not every other sentence). I don't make phone calls from home very often....
              This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                Than their are obsessive users of speaker phones.

Grr...must not spontaneously combust...must not spontaneously combust...must retain composure...ARGGHHH! I HATES THE SPEAKER PHONE PEOPLES! I HATES THEM! THEY BURNZZ!

*poof*

Damn, I just exploded into flames. Excuse me while I put this out.
                Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Oh.My.God

I DETEST speakerphones with the fire of a thousand suns. I only use mine when I'm on hold. I would never, EVER attempt a conversation with someone while on it.

I absolutely REFUSE to speak to people on them. I pretend I can't hear them until they take me off. If they don't, I ask them to take me off. About half of them get sucky about it, I'd say.

Their excuses:

"But I'm busy"

And I'm not?

"But I was on hold SOOOO long"

Yeah, well you're not now.

"My speaker is perfectly clear. It must be YOUR phone that's the problem."

Yeah? Use whatever entitled excuse you want to. Just take me OFF the fucking thing, already.

Wow - I'm sweating.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

My voice naturally isn't very loud, and I remember the days of working in the crowed mall (the kiosk was the WORST) and literally having to SCREAM all day long so that people could hear me. There was one week right before christmas that I flat out lost my voice.
                    "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                    "Red."
                    "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                    "RED!"
                    "..."

Comment

And how do you make the leap from "can't hear you" to "English isn't their first language"?
                      actually that's my sucky supervisor. i believe he learned tagalog first and then english... mostly cos when he speaks his own language he's clear and crisp, but when he speaks english he mumbles a bit.

but usually if someone sounds sick... bleh leave them alone.

(tho personally i think they should have given you a break from phone work if possible... cos it'll just make it worse sometimes... and if you can't get away from it, lots of tea and honey)

Comment

its the sinese trust me the next day once all the dust that been bothering was gone i was loud sweet and perky, and still poeple cant hear just not as often.

Comment

More Racism

Ok it didint end on sunday, so far this week ive been called the n word a chink and a illegal.... still not as abad as the time i got called a drunkard though

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                            its the sinese trust me the next day once all the dust that been bothering was gone i was loud sweet and perky, and still poeple cant hear just not as often.
                            you know what... i'd say... you'll get some odd comments, perhaps even laughs but... wear a dust mask when it gets really dusty there. they do it here in japan when they're sick (a lot of asian countries do it). that way you don't sneeze on people,and you can filter out the dust

Comment

Working...
                            X