This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been learning from her own customers?

The SC in this story really should know better, what with having to deal with SCs all the time.

For the last week or so we've been running out of the daily newspaper before I arrive at work. My day shift starts at 7:30am. It turned out the culprit was the driver of a lunch van (a van that goes around to construction sites selling food to the workers), who was buying 15-20 papers per day to re-sell to her customers. Either she's an idiot for paying full retail price for stock on which she can make no profit whatsoever, or the customers are idiots for paying more than $1.10 for the local paper.

Anyway, our customers started to complain about the lack of newspapers, so the manager set a new rule - 1 newspaper per person. Which should stop us running out so soon (and indeed it seems to be working).

But the lunch van driver's not happy about it. She stomped off with her one newspaper yesterday morning. Today she called the store and (being an idiot) thought the night shift guy was the manager and started trying to talk him into letting her buy more newspapers. When that didn't work she started getting abusive, so he hung up on her. She called back and abused him for hanging up on her, so he hung up on her again. She called back when the manager was there and tried to claim discrimination, but the manager knew the full story. So she started getting abusive and *he* hung up on her after suggesting that if she doesn't change her attitude she won't be welcome in our store anymore.

Well, it's called NONE SOLD TO DEALERS, folks.

Comment

Well at least she was paying for them. We had a guy at a local store who used to sell newspapers he stole from his competition, another convenience store. Turns out that the guy who was stealing the papers lived across the street from where he stole them from.

I had 2 questions at the time.

1. How did he manage to get away with it for almost a year?

2. How did the people at the store being robbed of the newspapers NOT know they were being robbed?
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Well at least she was paying for them.
        yeah like those people who buy one paper from a machine and take more than one.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          Well at least she was paying for them. We had a guy at a local store who used to sell newspapers he stole from his competition, another convenience store. Turns out that the guy who was stealing the papers lived across the street from where he stole them from.

I had 2 questions at the time.

1. How did he manage to get away with it for almost a year?

2. How did the people at the store being robbed of the newspapers NOT know they were being robbed?
          and the answer to both is that they're the kind of person often pittied by Mr T.

Comment

Yeah, stupid woman should've contacted the paper to get the number of her local paperboy ... you know they'd deliver 10-15 in the morning to her gladly at a bit of a discount.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Ah, the joys of being senseless. I enjoy reading about it.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X