This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two 'wtfs' in one day.

1. Customer comes up to me with a return...

Me: looks over reciept Ma'am, since you purchased these items in October they're past the 60-day limit and so I'll be giving you back your refund on a store credit card, okay?
    SC: What? What do you mean?!
    Me: ...Our return policy is that any returns made after 60 days of the purchase date must be refunded on a store credit card. It's like a gift card.
    SC: When did I buy these?
    Me: October 20th.
    SC: And what's today?
    Me: ...January 21st.
    SC: So how many days has it been?
    Me: Well, ma'am, it's been over three months--well over the 60-day limit.
    SC: Yeah, but how many DAYS has it been?!
    Me: It's been about 90 days, ma'am.
    SC: Oh.

2. I got a call the same afternoon as the previous customer. The caller says that someone bought some stuff for her, and so she doesn't have her receipt, but she wants to know if she can get a refund. I tell her that since there's no receipt she can bring the stuff back in its original condition to receive a store credit card. I thought the matter was settled, but then she asked if she had some items that were in a package if she could bring them back without the other stuff (and without the packaging). I told her that I absolutely couldn't do it--items NEED to be in original condition so that they can be re-sold. She fights it for a while and then the call ends.

Surprise, surprise, she comes in shortly after. I'm doing the return and I'm thinking that she bought the stuff a LONG time ago or something because she had a couple items that were of a brand that we carry but weren't coming up on my register (I'm assuming they're discontinued). She fights that a bit, confused as to why I couldn't give her money for items that didn't come up in our system. Towards the end of the transaction I find two items that don't have barcodes, meaning that they're not for individual sale. Sound familiar? Not to the customer...

I asked her if she had called earlier, and upon hearing the affirmative told her that I already notified her that I couldn't do a return on items that came in a set without packaging. I go through it all again to explain it to her... Did she think I was lying or trying to trick her? That another cashier would allow it? Does she really have the attention span of a strung-out chipmunk? Ugh...

Methinks thou giveth less than adequate credit to said strung-out chipmunk.

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
    X