Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant trust anyone (very long, language)

I only post ever so few because I dont have any crazy stories, but I had one the other day that involved not only a SC but a sucky employee as well.

I wont name my company, but we sell furniture and home goods.

SC =
    SE = for no reason, really
    Me =

SC = *huffs, no words, just slams his fist on counter*
    Me = er, sorry, can I help you?
    SC = *huffs, with no answer*
    Me = "..............can I help you?"
    SC = *slams fist again, no answer*
    Me = "sir, can I really help you with so-"
    SC = "YES YOU RETARDS, MY BILL...."

Now, I work with a company that can have you sign up for a credit card. you save some money off your first purchase if you do, and you can earn points. However, we let our customers know that it IS a credit card, and it definitely is an institution thats separate from us, so if they have any questions/comments, you need to call the number on the receipt. Its so common for us, its drilled into our minds.

Most of our customers have a second house down here (mind you that means rich people that have 2nd/3rd/6th houses down here that remind us they have money. "the reason we put so much money in our annual income is because we have 5 businesses and make that income. won't you love us?" yeah, sure)

Anywhoooo, when you sign up for a credit card, we want your billing address. That means, even if you have a house down here, your billing address is going to be your main. But this guy didnt put that down. Instead he wanted to insult us saying it wasn't his fault he had 3 houses. Okay, well, as per your application that you have in your hand, you need to call the credit company to change any information.

"I AINT FUCKIN DOING THAT. THATS YOUR JOB"

Okay, so the coworker I am standing next to is a temporary part time (less than 10 hours) and has only been there 2 months. I am a full time worker having been there 2 years. I am told to kind of mentor the part timers do they need any help.

Apparently hes going back to his home in NY, but he put his part time residence in DE on his application. While thats his fault, I was trying to tell him a simple resolution: Call the center, they will change billing address, no problem (even though you can pay monthly at our stores but whatever. No one ever wants to hear that)

Customer gets seething, and I, even knowing what to do, only go back to ask a manager because I know how to handle the situation, but hes just throwing language and arguing. Manager tells me what to do, hands me a Customer Service card and tells me to send him on his way. I had been talking to the customer, telling him what I know and what to do with his problem, but hes almost bending over the counter like he wants to hit someone.

I come out a minute later, hes gone. My co-worker is now ready to kill ME. From what she tells me, she says she has more experience than me, and I need to get somewhere, Im a young kid and she knows how to do more than me. I get pissed because no matter where you work, corporations have different policies and handling things. From the cameras, the coworker reacted WORSE to the customer, throwing arms/hands/words around and basically telling him to get somewhere. He wants her name. He wants my name. She gives him my FULL name and not hers. Im mad.

She wants me to get in trouble. He wanted her to have me change his information. I cant do that because its HIS account info.

He says "YOU FUCKING DO IT FOR ME YOU BITCHES" is what he said before i went into the back.

They were ganging up on me, and I had no control at the moment. Coworker blames everything on me, wanting to know why I didnt help her. This was last week, but Im still pissed that some bitch of a coworker whos only been there 2 months is trying to tell ME what to do. So some asshole of a guy that i was trying to help now has my name and is reporting ME because of the way my Coworker handled the situation. My ass is one the line now.

Sorry for the rant But I cant help but think of why Id lose my job over someone who hasnt been there even long enough to pass her probation period.

if your security tapes have audio, ask your boss to check the tape and make a copy of that customer. that way if anything does come down to you from corperate they can at least see the coworker give the customer your name instead of hers, and she should take the brunt of it. she may be pissed at you, but hell she earned it pulling that stunt.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

hell yes show those tapes to your boss at my job thats an instantly fire able offense no excuses. In fact your only suppose to give first name if that...

Comment

I agree. Protect yourself. Not only do you want it documented at work for your job but if this guy turns out to be kind of crazy and tracks you down, then it's documented at work for that too.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Yeah, co-worker ought to be fired for that. You don't go giving co-workers' names to somebody who's ranting and raving and generally acting like a crazy person.

And seeing as co-worker is still in their probationary period, they don't even need a reason to do it.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

agree. i'd say report her to the boss for giving your personal info to anyone without your permission.

besides what if you DID change his info and it turned out to be an imposter? but if he accesses his own account and changes it, then it's not your fault

Comment

pepperelf your right on both both points and this next part is nitpicky forgive me. but i read it as that coworker said she WAS meegz not just passing her info off

EDIT: rereading it she gave meegz name but refused to give the man her own thats so wrong get her fire for me please or at least give me an address and a crowbar and a achipper just to hide the evidence
              Last edited by Cyphr; 01-24-2008, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Talk to your manager NOW. Don't wait.
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

That's horribly unprofessional of her. You never throw a co-worker under the bus in front of a customer. If she had a problem with you, it should have been addressed after the customer was dealt with.

From what she tells me, she says she has more experience than me, and I need to get somewhere, Im a young kid and she knows how to do more than me.
                  What does it say about her that a "young kid" with "less experience" handled the situation far better than she could?

What a bitch.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

oh, she didnt! wow, if i worked with that lady there is a 90% chance i would have torn her out a whole new asshole and then gone back for seconds. that is SO uncalled for.

as for the young kid thing, i know how annoying that is. im the night supervisor where i work and there are a bunch of times where i have employees that are older then me working under me. it boils my water when they decide that they dont have to listen to me because im younger.
                    it's said that no sane person could bite another person and draw blood. I've done it before, but then again sanity has always been questionable in our family.

Comment

Working...
                    X