This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Yay! What viruses were they? Or do you remember?
    I don't quite remember, the names meant nothing to me (like a "famous" one or something) but they weren't Trojans, or anything like that.

Comment

to remove ie 6 you will need to go into the remove windows components of the add/remove programs section and uncheck internet explorer. while ms considers this a "core" component it is possible to be uninstalled with no harm to the pc as long as you have another browser. (after sp1) it may require your xp install disk,
      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
        to remove ie 6 you will need to go into the remove windows components of the add/remove programs section and uncheck internet explorer.
        I've done this. It does remove all links & references to IE...except for Windows (or Microsoft) Updates. Launch that, and IE will come up, as Microsoft has deemed it necessary for Windows Updates.

I do remember a program that would remove IE, but it's so long ago, and I think it was only for Win9x - ME. If I find it, and it can work for XP or Vista, I'll post a link.

Still, I wouldn't recommend it, for the reason above. Best to find the culprits of the problems you're having, or time to do a format & reinstall.

Comment

Isn't IE required for Windows updates?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Isn't IE required for Windows updates?

Rapscallion
            Not in vista.

Comment

I forgot that Vista doesn't need IE to update.

And I did remember the name of that program - IEradicator.

But it's mainly for removing a botched IE install for a reinstall for Win9x. I remember using it quite a bit starting out in the shop for fixing extreme IE issues.

Comment

Working...
              X