This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth portia911 View Post
    Bless his little cotton socks. But really? I think I might start drinking now.
    I love this...makes me giggle everytime I read it...could I use this as my sig?

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      In my binge drinking days we drank cleanskin wines and homebrewed beer... homebrew costs 60 cents per stubby and to make it too expensive they'll have to greatly increase the prices of water, barley and sugar...
      That actually happen back in 1974. The price of sugar skyrocketed, and many moonshiners went out of business.

Cites: Wired and Virginia Business (about 2/3rds down the page).
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth hopie144 View Post
        I love this...makes me giggle everytime I read it...could I use this as my sig?
        of course you can. Go loose with it
        Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

Sometimes if I'm going to a BYOB party, I'll bring a 6 pack of Smirnoff Triple Blacks or one of the Jack Daniels bottled sugary stuff. Why? Because every time...EVERY time I've brought hard liquor to a party it gets passed around as communal booze. And that's just too damn expensive.

Smirnoff also has alcoholic tea. It's actually pretty good.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth portia911 View Post
            of course you can. Go loose with it

Thanks so much!

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
              as far as I know they are similar to alcopops in the uk? We have ranges of drinks that are fruit juice, sugar and cheap booze, and in the past there has been huge storms about them because they taste like alcoholic pop, and kids as young as 13 are getting smashed on them.

In my current line of work I seize alcohol from those under the lawful age (18 in the UK) and can honestly say I've never seized an alcopop.

I've seized :-
              Stella
              Carling
              Fosters
              Carslburg (sp?)
              Neat Vodka
              Neat Gin
              Strongbow
              White Lightning
              and other assorted 'grown up' drinks, but never an RTD/alcopop/sugary, watery alcoholic bottle of p1ss.

(Just in case any of you were wondering it all gets destroyed intfront of the person from whom it is seized, so there is no question as to what happens to it).
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
              X