This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another sucky owner

Owner: Yea Dave, I just increased the rent on my unit. I want to make sure that higher rate also applies to guest who booked before the rate increase.

Me: no only to future reservations

Owner: why cant the other people pay the higher rate?

Me: because they contracted for the rate they were quoted

Owner: I dont care....I want a higher rate. If theyre gonna stay in my villa, they are going to pay the higher rate

Of course, my manager made me call all those guests and pay the higher rate. Now before you all say "oh the spineless manager, the SC wins again", here is the beauty of it. All but one of the reservations cancelled or moved to another unit. A few months later the owner calls again livid

Owner: Dave, I lost nearly all the bookings I had this summer and I dont have any new bookings. What the hell is going on down there?

Me: you made us increase the rate and nobody wanted to pay it and your rate is more than double what it would be to rent a comparable unit

Owner: well you people arent doing a good job of selling my property. If you were, people would be willing to pay it. In fact, they'd think the rate was too low

Me: I will see what I can do

Owner: I expect results soon, Dave, or I am leaving your program and by the way, I wont take less than a week stay and it has to be Saturday to Saturday and absolutely no discount for anybody for any reason

Oh by the way did I mention this lady's villa is a two star?

Seems like the concept of economics is lost on this owner.

Greedy cow!

Comment

I guess the sucky owner has a quite the inflated opinion of her "villa". If it was a 5-star in comparison to all the other comparable rentals of the same size I would say,"ok maybe there's a reason".....but not so much here. I think there'd have to be some major renovation to go from 2-star to 5-star.
      You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Seems like this is one of those problems that solves itself. If you want too much money for your crap and your crap doesn't sell, then YOU WANT TOO MUCH MONEY FOR YOUR CRAP!

What ARE they teaching in schools these days?
        Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post
          What ARE they teaching in schools these days?
          That everyone's opinion is the right opinion. It's not longer "THe customer is always right" No, the new misquote should be "Everyone is always right, all the time"
          Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Nayeli_Sabia View Post
            No, the new misquote should be "I am always right, all the time"
            I think this may be slightly more appropriate...
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Let's put it this way:
              You can fool some of the people all of the time & you can fool all of the people some of the time BUT you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Comment

What the hell kind of place do work at?? Is this like a time-share or...?

Comment

Quoth dithers66 View Post
                  What the hell kind of place do work at?? Is this like a time-share or...?
                  I believe it's a management company for privately owned vacation properties.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                    I believe it's a management company for privately owned vacation properties.
                    Close, it's a babysitting service for whiny owners of private vacation properties who have entitlement issues and inflated estimations of the value of their property and the crap they keep in it.
                    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
                      Close, it's a babysitting service for whiny owners of private vacation properties who have entitlement issues and inflated estimations of the value of their property and the crap they keep in it.
                      I'd like to expand on that a bit further.

It's a babysitting service for whiny owners of private vacation properties that attract entitlement whores, liars, whiny soccer moms, people who can't take no for an answer, and people who can't read contracts before they sign them. The company motto must be "send us the bitchy and entitled!"
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X