This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave a smack down to a lying customer

I was doing some skip search work tonight, when I came across a customer who told one of the reps we had the wrong number, that he had the phone number for 10 years and had never heard of our customer and stop f'ing calling him.

Okay, so I look at all the notes on the account. I see that we have made contact with our customer at least 5 times at that phone number all within the last 2 months. All 5 times he swore at the rep and told them he is not paying. He said we could try to sue, but we have the wrong address and we would never be able to find him.

I called the "wrong number" and the customer answered with his name, wow, that is the name of our customer!

I tell him where I'm calling from and why. He tells me he isn't the one I'm looking for. I tell how strange it is that our customer would answer a perfect stranger's phone at least 5 times in the past and make sure to answer a stranger's phone who has the same exact name, what are the odds? He tells me his assistance answers his phone some times, but he is not our customer either.

I tell him that if that is the story he is going to try to use that is fine, with that he tries to say goodbye and hang up, but before he could I told him we would call him tomorrow. He slammed the phone down.

I look at the address he gave us. Yes, it was fake. So, I did my job and found his correct address, you know the one he said we would never find? Yeah, that one.

I put in my notes that he was lying and that I found his correct address, so the next rep will know that he will try to lie his way out of his bill.

I wouldn't have been so determined to find it, if he hadn't lied to me and insulted my intelligence with his bull.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

If only the customer that ends up dealing with you would just shut up and not further pursue their threatening actions. They have another thing coming.

You're awesome and I admire you I wish I could be so solid towards every customer that tries to get one by me.

Comment

Thanks, Meegz. I was just doing what my company pays me to do. I just do my job with much more gusto if the customer lies to me. I also take it as a personal challenge when they say we won't be able to find them.

You wouldn't believe how many of our customers are shocked when I find their correct phone number and address. I have all kinds of search engines at my disposal, so trying to hide from the bill is not going to work.

Comment

When I worked medical records I was given a giant pile of 'to be filed' papers that were in a folder marked 'black hole'. They were essentially papers with wrong names or file numbers stamped on them that they couldn't find the patient or record for. It took me most of the day, but I got that pile down to 3/4 it's size. I was going from computer to patient index cards and checking and rechecking. My boss was quite impressed. With the right info, and motivation, you can find just about anything. Though by the time I left there were *still* two papers which I just couldn't find the records on!

You did good. You did real good.
        "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

Justice has been served!!!

Good work milady!!

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
            You wouldn't believe how many of our customers are shocked when I find their correct phone number and address. I have all kinds of search engines at my disposal, so trying to hide from the bill is not going to work.
            Yup. And if they piss me off and call back hoping to get a coworker who will give in to them?

The minute they hang up the phone with my coworker (or supervisors!) that have spines and didn't give in and they are all I have to is see coworker's note appear and hear the grumbling to tell them "don't worry, I found the SSN a minute ago and am requesting the license suspension letter right now!" and the turns into from my coworker! We work as a team to bring those scum down.

And with my new position? Telling me your "baby daddy" that I'm trying to reach is in jail doesn't count if I can't find the Offender ID. Three years ago is not the same as today!

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
              He tells me he isn't the one I'm looking for.
              Am I the only one to think he tried to do a Jedi Mind Trick over the phone ?
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Way to hand his ass to him, Mis!!!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Isn't it time to sic the gentlemen with buisness suits and lead pipes on him yet?
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                    Am I the only one to think he tried to do a Jedi Mind Trick over the phone ?
                    You know, that is the first thought that came to mind when he said it, but I wasn't going to ask him if he actually tried a Jedi Mind trick on me. If I remember right, that only works on those with a weak mind. I do not have a weak mind, so it didn't work.

The reason his file came to me in the first place is that trick worked on a rep from our sister site. If I go by what I read in the notes from reps at that site, they are very much weak minded. I have often said I was going to drive down there and beat the stupid out of the whole lot of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X