This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Shopper is a bitch

Sorry about the cuss word, but there's no other way to describe a person who walks up to a till with a face like someone just kicked her puppy and, when the cashier (ie me) is naturally scared to talk to her due to the fact she looks like she might bite her head off, marks her down. She also lied about me not greeting her or saying goodbye; I know I definitely did, it's hardly my fault if she either wasn't listening or hadn't cleaned her ears out. In my opinion, the MS thing should be scrapped; especially with people like this who just do their best to make it as hard as possible for a cashier to pass. They should at least try and meet you halfway.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

We were always told in HMV that the mystery shopper would be a model customer, yes it meant that you could spot them a mile off but if you'd had the bitch from hell it was easier to recover and get a good score. (a whole lot fairer than BTC)
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Was this a mystery shop that was sent to corporate, or was it the kind where they give themselves away?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

It's a regular thing. I was told afterwards about it, and guessed it was the woman who came up to my till with a face like a smacked arse. I mean, how can I talk to someone who's glowering with hatred at me? O.o
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Can you not appeal? Most of the companies that run these contracts have a sytem for doing so, in both jobs we normally managed to appeal and get enough points to get our bonus each month.

Comment

Mystery shopping in theory doesn't bother me. My bakery got shopped about once a fortnight. Most of them were painsakingly accurate and gave constructive criticism. One shopper even "failed" an employee who had been fired the week before we got the report. The downside of their accuracy was that we quickly figured out who they were. "Amy went above and beyond by bringing the small garden salad to my table and checking back frequently to see if I needed anything..." we're basically fastfood. Amy only brought one small garden salad to someone's table in the last month. Etc.

But I've read horror stories about mystery shoppers getting too full of themselves. I remember one tale on here about a corporate auditor with grey hair failing a cashier for not carding him, since their policy was 40 and under. Uh...grey hair is usually a sign of over 40, dumbass.
            "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Usually, Sylvia, but not always. There are some young guys I see at the bar with some grey spots intertwined in their over-gelled brown or black hair.

My dad first started going gray when he was about 25.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My uncle started going in high school. He's 40 now, completely steel-gray, and people usually add 10-15 years to his age. So while it might be helpful to have a mystery shopper who defies stereotypes, this particular guy's attitude was "I'm obviously in my 20s, so ha ha, you fail!" If I recall correctly, that is.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Well, I was told my great grandmother was completely whiteheaded by the time she was 16.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My twelve year old sister is completely white-headed too...your grandma shouldn't have spent so much time in the chlorinated pool water!

Comment

I started getting grey hair at the age of 20.

Thank god for hair dye.

Comment

One chirstmas at the Chemists I got some grey hairs, but since then I've not had any...?

It was only over a time span of a few weeks, after that and those hairs falling out I've not had a single one come back.

Comment

I hated mystery shoppers, too.

I had one lady fail me who was a complete nutjob. I can't even describe the situation because this lady was so crazy.

We were allowed to appeal, though.

I only ever failed two shops, and I was able to appeal both. One because the shopper's comments were completely contradictory and the other (the crazy lady) because she didn't even get my name right!

Thankfully, they did away with that bullshit. It was so stressful and a complete waste of time for the poor rep who got stuck with the shopper (no sale=no money). I'm hoping the company keeps it this way.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Mystery shoppers make sense to me. IF the shopper is professional about it.

Sounds like many aren't.
                            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

corporate used to empploy mystery shoppers too and boy, were they winners. it was to the point that they were not going into the stores and yet still delivering a shopping report- how did we know they weren't going in??? some stores were marked as their 1 hour photo lab was closed- that particular store didn't have one
                              others they got themanagers name wrong mixed it with a male or vice vers, said the store had a drive thru but that store does not, etcc... we managers were to the point that when we these reports, they ended up int he trashcan. our dm even got tired of calling corp on these "accurate" pictures of the stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X