Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foiled scammer and other stupidity(long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    I used to use those type of cards at Subway. Actually, I still have....4 of them? Something like that. Only have a couple punches for each card, I wonder if they still do that. A few more punches and I could get a free lunch!
    They discontinued that program a year or three ago, crediting all cards for discount on items. ( ooo, I found a news article )

AFAIK, the time for that has passed and branches of Subway will no longer honor the subway cards. However I do believe you MIGHT still be able to redeem them if you go through the corporate office (might require mailing it in... I dunno, use the contact page at subway.com to ask) and they'll send you back one of their fancy new cash cards with an amount credited.

This year, Extreme Pita also stopped their "stamp program" and I had to rummage through my things to make sure I used them all up.
    Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      S1: Sir, I am short $20.
      Me: Ok. I will need to have a manager count the drawer first.
      S1: why? cant you just give me $20? I ma not trying to scam you.
      Hello, moron, If you ARE trying to scam someone, you don't bring their attention to it! Particularly not three seconds into the conversation. Vehement denial is usually taken as a clue, Sherlock.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

SC number 4 didn't "stomp off"? That's too bad. Stompers make me giggle.
        "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
          He buys his coffee and makes a comment on the cookies.
          SC: Mmmm. Those smell good. can I have one?
          I was reading a c-store trade rag once and there is a company that markets both "Fresh Cookies" and "Popping Popcorn" smells in an aerosol! Don't think I've ever run into it IRL, but I bet it works; those are two damn good pavlovian response smells.

Comment

At least, those, I can understand. The "new car smell" aerosols used by used car dealers, that, I don't get.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              M: sir, we have check the drawer and it is correct.
              S1: But I was shorted $20.
              M: Sir, we have you on video putting a bill in you pocket. I would advise you to drip this matter now ans it has already been logged by Loss Prevention.
              S1: You stealing money form me. You will hear back from me.
              M: Ok.
              S1: *stomps off*
              Someone fell asleep in front of Paper Moon one too many times.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X