This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truly silly

Me: Thanks for calling us, this is Dave, can I help you?

Guest: yea, Dave, there is a dead bird on the beach

Me: Ok

Guest: so are you gonna send someone to come and get it?

Me: our runners are currently busy

Guest: well I will bring it back to our rental unit. Can someone come there and pick it up?

Me: I would suggest just leaving it

Guest: well I am your customer and I am asking you to come and get this bird

Me: let me to connect you to property services

She calls back two hours later.

Guest: Dave, it's been a couple of hours and I am waiting on someone to come and pick up this bird.

Me: well the runners are a little busy, right now.

Guest: someone needs to come immediately and get this bird

Me: Ma'am, we will get down there as soon as we can

Guest: you told me that two and a half hours ago

Me: Ma'am this is a very busy time of year

Guest: so in other words, there are more pressing concerns than me and my piddly problems. I cant keep this bird here much longer.

Me: you dont have to

Guest: I am giving you 20 minutes to come get it and then I am calling security. I mean you people are just blowing me off here and I am getting pissed

Security calls me an hour later and said this crazy woman called them and asked them to pick up a dead bird and they refused. After she left, she wrote a lengthy letter to our manager about our poor customer service.

Well she was just trying to give you the bird. The least you could have done was reciprocate.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Err...so she picked up a dead animal outside, brought it home, then complained because people with actual jobs to do wouldn't pick it up from her? Why?! Seriously, why pick up roadkill or other randomly dead animals in the first place?

Comment

So they couldn't take two minutes out of their busy schedule to find a newspaper and a public bin? I mean they probably walked past a couple of bins on the way back to their chalet\room
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Or just bury the damn thing! If it's bothering her so much ...

Or get up and move ... I know some people don't want a lovely view with a dead bird ... but most beaches are large enough that you can at least get it out of your view. Geez, it's not like the bird is a starving poor pathetic little injured baby animal in need of immediate attention. It's not going anywhere ...
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
            Guest: so in other words, there are more pressing concerns than me and my piddly problems.
            By George, she's got it!
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
              Guest: so in other words, there are more pressing concerns than me and my piddly problems. I can't keep this bird here much longer.

Me: you don't have to
              She can't keep it there ? What does she mean ? Is it still moving ? Does it try to escape ? But I thought it was dead ? Is it some kind of undead bird ? AAAAAAAAAUGH ! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES ! THE ZOMBIE BIRDS ATTACK !
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                She can't keep it there ? What does she mean ? Is it still moving ? Does it try to escape ? But I thought it was dead ? Is it some kind of undead bird ? AAAAAAAAAUGH ! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES ! THE ZOMBIE BIRDS ATTACK !
                Now that's a thought that's gonna fester.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You know, my phobia of otherwise totally harmless, normal animals turned undead comes from my greatest shame in GMing, when I made my players go through an adventure that featured a midget flesh golem and zombie housecats... And that's all I gotta say about it.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                    You know, my phobia of otherwise totally harmless, normal animals turned undead comes from my greatest shame in GMing, when I made my players go through an adventure that featured a midget flesh golem and zombie housecats... And that's all I gotta say about it.
                    I want to join your campaigns. *.*
                    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

While I somehow managed to make it fit into my campaign at the time, I'm most ashamed to admit this was an adventure I bought for two reasons : 1) it featured Drizzt and 2) it was written by R.A. Salvatore. As it happens, though I love his books, he sometimes writes crap, and that adventure is proof of this.

If you're interested and want to try and convince your GM, here's the reference : The Accursed Tower, by R.A. Salvatore & the Seven Swords.

Comment

Working...
                      X