This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Anakah View Post
    I understand wanting to keep customers happy so they will come back and spread good word of mouth BUT the ones who are jerks just aren't worth it. They shouldn't be the ones that the managers try so hard to keep!
    The jerks won't be coming back anyway. And they'll still spread a negative word of mouth about how "badly" they were treated, reguardless if they get their way or not. IMO, better to just cut your losses and tell them not to let the door hit them on the way out.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

This and the soccer mom post are why I go over and over check in / out times with my clients so they know exactly what to expect. For whatever reason, my Disney people are the worst. If late check out is so important then I make sure to book them somewhere that it is possible or that has a day room - neither of which it sounds like your properties have.
      I've done late check out myself before if I have an evening flight - but arrange it before arrival and I make sure our room is as near to spotless as possible so housekeeping just has to change the sheets and do the basic cleaning.
      I think what spineless managers don't realize is that people like this are going to give bad reviews regardless of whether or not the cave and that people who know better reading their reviews know their complaints are stupid. So by not caving in they are weeding out the SC they don't want renting there anyways.

Comment

Quoth SugarBeef View Post
        Actually, why do you want to cave to the customer when you're already gonna have to give the people coming in that day freebies for waiting on her majesty there?
        I can't understand that line of thinking either. I don't know about you all, but if I was about to check in to a hotel, and couldn't because management decided to kiss some ass...you can believe that I'd be pissed. Why should I, who was next in line, who showed up at the right time, have to wait? Their stay is over, get the fuck out! Doesn't management realize that all they're doing is pissing off their next group of vacationers? Oh wait, that lot suffers from rectal-cranial inversions
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X