Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, some customers think it is our job to pick up after them.
    You know what? My Mom used to do this, especially at clothing stores. Pull something off the carousel, look at it, then lay it over the display, hanger and all. I remember at a young age, KNOWING I'd get in trouble for doing this myself at home, asked her why she didn't put it back? She said, haughtily, "They pay people to do that. The worst part? She once worked in retail clothing!!!

There have been times where I decided I couldn't get something, so I gave it to the cashier saying, "I have a perishable go-back." They usually thank me profusely and call someone to whisk it back to cold safety. Usually it is a case of finding someone else's perishable item stuck in the magazine rack at the checkstand. Then I say, "Someone left you a perishable go-back." and they thank me even more profusely.

I don't understand the mindset of people who do this, perishable or not! They don't pay people to have to put a bunch of s#$% BACK every time a customer comes through. Not at retail prices the SC in question would consider paying, at least.

In my pet chicken days, I read that a rat will damage or render unfit four grains of feed for every one it just eats. Some customers seem to mess up 10 times what they buy, or more. Proof that they're lower than rats! (Except my mother, of course. )
    Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Working...
    X