This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I was making this up

Me: Thanks for calling, this is Dave, how may I help you?

Guest: (screaming) this is my third call....there is no towel warmer in this unit and I would not have booked with you had I known you dont have towel warmers in your rental properties. I am waiting to speak to a manager and nobody has called me. First of all, I am furious that I was not told when Im made my reservation that there was no towel warmers......I would think that is a must have in your units> Second, your manager doesnt even have the guts to return my call so I want to speak to him now

Me: well the managers have gone home for the evening

Guest: call him at home

Me: I cant

Guest: why not?

Me: because it's 10:30 PM and we can only call in a dire emergency

Guest: THIS is a dire emergency

Me: Towel warmers are not an emergency

Guest: give me the managers home phone number and I will call him

Me: no you will wait until tommorow

Guest: this needs to be resolved now

Me: well I'm sorry but it will have to wait until tommorow

Guest: you dont provide good customer service.....what's your name, I am going to report you

Me: Dave

Guest: well Dave, you're gonna be lucky if you have a job soon because you have really upset me.

Me: ok you're not the first person I have upset

Guest: who the f___ do you think you are? My husband is 6'4" and 260 lbs and I am sending him down there. He is on his way

The husband showed up at the check in desk and asked to see me not knowing I was in another office...........lol........eventually these people got a 30% discount because of the misunderstanding about the towel warmers, I was so mad

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
    .eventually these people got a 30% discount because of the misunderstanding about the towel warmers, I was so mad
    let me be the first to say it spineless managers

and is a towel warmer (i mean, I know what it is, but why the hell do you need one, towels dry just as well at any temperature).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Um...ok. Vacation rental. You mentioned a beach in a previous post. Am I wrong in assuming you're someplace fairly warm, and thus towel warmers would be unnecessary? Or do I just not get the concept of towel warmers?
      MySpace

Comment

Dave, I think you need to retire to a different job.

Unless.... you LIKE people being mean to you... then I need to visit you sometime and have some fun.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Wow, Dave, sounds like you have to put up with some pretty nasty, petty people.
          I don't like your attitude!
          Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

All that over towel warmers?!!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              let me be the first to say it spineless managers

and is a towel warmer (i mean, I know what it is, but why the hell do you need one, towels dry just as well at any temperature).
              I have towel warmers in my house (I swear, they're everywhere here - I was a little confused when I first saw one, because I had no idea what it was, and sort of assumed it was external plumbing of some sort), and I have to agree with the SC about their awesomeness. Especially when it's winter time.

However, I don't think I've ever seen one in the States, much less in a hotel, and I sure as hell wouldn't be banging for a discount because my towel wasn't toasty enough.
              "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Isn't it so very awesome when much of your customer base has more money than brains?
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Towel warmers? What's so hard about putting a towel on a towel rod & letting it dry? All that drama over a towel warmer? She ought to be hung up to dry.
                  If someone feels they need an electric towel warmer to dry a towel when it would be far simpler to just put it on a towel rod then they have some serious issues to work on.

Comment

I gotta say, vacation_rentals_suck is starting to rank up there with customersruinmylife with the strength of stupidity in the stories. I can't wait for more!

I know, your pain, my gain and all that jazz.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It is an emergency. You need a waaahbulance to this property, stat. Seriously though, towel warmers in want Bizarro alternative universe is this considered a "dire emergemcy"? And they are getting a discount, great,let's reward their sucky behavior with money off. spinless .

Comment

My mom, sister, and I spent a week in a rental house at the beach 2 weeks ago. The property was clearly listed as having a tv/dvd player in each bedroom, and it didn't. Only the master. And it was supposed to have a washer and dryer and only had the dryer.

We mentioned the washer because we were planning on washing clothes while we were there (nobody was caught short though) but it was more of a "hey, are we missing something BIG because we can't find it!" thing than bitching.

Seriously, 30% for a TOWEL WARMER? Last I knew, they weren't something standard by any means!

Comment

I love your posts. I mean, they make me weep for humanity, but the level of entitlement in your customers just baffles me.

A fucking towel warmer? How fucking important do you have to be that your towels have to be warm before you can use them? There's a whole lotta WHAT. THE. FUCK. With this person.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I don't even know what a towel warmer is.

I mean, I'm assuming its' something that...um...warms...towels?

I don't think we have that here.

Comment

In the bathroom at my house we have a towel rail, basically the central heating is plumbed into it so when the heating is on you get warm towels, however this is England, hardly renowned for its balmy climes and sweltering winters. It is rather nice after stepping out of the shower on a cold winters morning and using said warm towel.

They also mean they dry quicker in the winter too.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X