This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got in trouble for this one...

...but my boss thought it was funny too. Just gave me a small warning.

It's Monday, people are checking out at the front end. Mostly, we're dead, so we only have around 4 lines open. You know how on these dead days you get these weird random rushes of half the store wanting to check out all at the same time, but it takes less than 5 minutes for it to clear? It was during one of these...
    Also, our store does not have express lines, reason being we're a bulk store, so the average person only buys about 10-15 items anyway. This is relevant:

Me: shakin' my marketin' thang
    SC: duh

SC: HEY YOU!
    (I look up from scanning a card, standing away from the lines near the closed registers is a lady with her cart of maybe 9 or 10 items.)
    SC: Where's your express line?
    Me: I'm sorry, *company* doesn't have express lines.
    SC: That's stupid! I only have a few items!
    (I've been working on the same promotion on the front end for 3 weeks STRAIGHT, I have 3 weeks to go, and I'm starting to burn out from all the rude people I'm encountering during it. At this point, my brain to mouth filter fails)
    Me: So does everyone else, which is why they're in line.

A guy in line cracked up at this comment, later my manager sent me into the office. She was laughing, and told me to just be careful what I said next time, and let me work on another marketing project for a while to clear my head.
    "I, too, am saddened by the lack of hookers in this thread." -LingualMonkey

I don't blame ya, but I'm happy your manager was cool about it. I love when SC's get owned.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Bravo sir, Bravo! *claps*

Nice to hear management were cool about it too.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Nakajo, I've joked that your store should have a "$100 or Under" express lane.

The only ones that drive me crazy in line are the shopkeepers buying cigarettes. One day I ended up in line behind two men buying cigarettes for their store. They had three boxes of assorted cigarettes. Took frikkin' ever to get them rung through. Now if I see more than a couple cartons of cigarettes, I get in another line.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

So I guess the b*tch tattled on you? Or did a manager happen to overhear?

Either way, I love it and I'm sure it was well worth it since they laughed it off.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Brilliant come-back!

Comment

Quoth Nakajo View Post
              You know how on these dead days you get these weird random rushes of half the store wanting to check out all at the same time, but it takes less than 5 minutes for it to clear?
              I thought that only happend to us.

Customers trickle in and start to browse (convenience store). Little groups of one or two people, untill there are at least 7 people in the store. they spend 5 minutes or more wandering around and looking at stuff. and then, WHAM! They ALL want to be rung up.

Comment

Working...
              X