Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cheeseburger one must be from one of those people who likes to order "a cheeseburger with no cheese." Then gets mad when they are told "that's a plain hamburger."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

SC: Where your corking at?
      Me: <Brain trying to process; he must be looking for cork board> You mean cork board?
      SC: No, corking. Like you put around a sink.
      Me: <Stupid me> The caulk is on aisle 69.

Comment

Truck Driver called my work, 1234 FU Road and dialed the phone menu for Security. He then asked me what was the address for 1222 FU Road... (It sounded similar to our address so I repeated it back to make sure)

Yes.

I told him, um, he would have to call them, as we were not that business. He stated he still needed the address....(I think he meant directions).

I again told him he would have to call the actual company he was delivering to and hung up.

Eeeee...... The other person in the Office was laughing at the look on my face!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
          When talking about curtains (the window in question was wide enough that we had to make the curtains out of several drops of material sewn together):
          On another forum, a woman had had custom roman shades made. She was unaware that there would be those little pinpricks at the points where the rings were sewn on. To her, the pinpricks were unacceptable, since she needed to sleep during the day, and the light that came through kept her awake.

I couldn't imagine a fabric shade being so flat at the edges that it would do what she expected: certainly not a Roman shade that would be drawn up from time to time.
          Last edited by EricKei; 09-11-2016, 10:50 PM. Reason: snip

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post

And quite possibly my favorite Are your chicken nuggets fried or grilled?(Again this one came through drive and everyone with a headset kinda went quiet before the speaker answered.)
            Chick-Fil-A now has grilled nuggets in addition to the standard fried, so that's actually not so far out of a question. I will admit, though, that I did a double take the first time I saw those grilled nuggets on the menu board.
            "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
            -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post
              At Where's The Beef?
              Is your 4 item deal really $4? (Nope we just call it that to annoy our customers)
              I could buy that as a poorly worded $4 including tax.
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                Training a new coworker and showed them the respective checklists for AM and PM shifts.

New CW: "How do I know which checklist to use?"
                Me: "It depends on what shift your scheduled for that day."
                New CW: "But how will I know that?"
                Me: "You'll read the schedule."
                New CW: "But then how will I know which checklist to use?"

We went on that loop for a solid five minutes. I don't have high hopes for this new hire...
                Too bad I don't live near you, I am looking for a hotel job right now and I know the checklist to use for the shift I'm on.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  I would suggest comparing it to a quarter coin, saying it's like a quarter, you know, one fourth of a dollar? But I'm pretty sure she would have just looked at you like you had three heads.

My sympathies.
                  Or think that you were saying it would cost a quarter.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    The cheeseburger one must be from one of those people who likes to order "a cheeseburger with no cheese." Then gets mad when they are told "that's a plain hamburger."
                    My Mom orders a plain hamburger then gets upset because it's just meat and bun. What she really wants is a cheeseless hamburger with all the fixings otherwise known as a hamburger. She's still living in the 1950s were to get a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger one had to order a 'plain hamburger'.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Cia - On that last one, it varies by restaurant. I usually just want ketchup and cheese on my burgers, so I say 'cheeseburger, ketchup only,' and I have always gotten exactly what I wanted, unless the guy on the makeline didn't pay attention and gave me one with the works -- the workers usually ask if they're unsure. To most places, 'plain' means 'no fixings.' In yer mom's case, she should probably just ask what comes on a regular hamburger next time, and order that instead of 'plain' going forward if that's what she wants
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Got this one the other day. Guy is in the lobby right next to our automatic glass doors and windows with the blinds pulled up.

Do you have the time?
                        Yes, it's 11:00
                        AM or PM?
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          AM or PM?
                          You know, if he has to ask, regardless of whether he can see outside, I have to wonder exactly what he's been doing that he doesn't know if it's day or night?
                          Last edited by EricKei; 09-25-2016, 01:57 PM. Reason: snip
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            You know, if he has to ask, regardless of whether he can see outside, I have to wonder exactly what he's been doing that he doesn't know if it's day or night?
                            Here is one answer to that question.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"What's a "SWEATER"?! It sounds gross!"

I kid you not.

Comment

Working...
                              X