This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    Follow up: I talked to my manager about this afterward, he nor his assistant manager had called this applicant. So whoever did call was not from our store. She lost her stuff at the wrong people! I hope she's proud of herself for protecting her precious from the mean ol' nasty world out there!
    Precious lied through his teeth to his mother, I'm 100% positive. He doesn't want the (a) job, so he lied that there were issues with applying, and of course, once he got past that lie, he lied that he'd been rejected.
    Last edited by EricKei; 05-03-2016, 07:19 PM. Reason: We just read it, Thanks.

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
      Okay so today besides the 6th grade stuff - posted in the FB group - I had a 3rd grader tell me he wanted to shoot himself in the head. I told him that a lot of people would be sad if he did that, and that no matter how bad things are, they will get better.

I did have to report it to his teacher and the principal. Because we don't know if he's serious or attention-seeking.
      I'm crying. I've been there with one of my children - even years later, I'm still not sure if he was serious or just saying it to get my attention. Either way, I have him in counseling - I'd rather he be in counseling for no reason than the alternative. I hope these parents follow through.

Comment

I hope they do as well. He's had trouble fitting in all year. The principal told me he takes a long time to make friends, but he does like to talk to me.

Kid: No one loves me, I don't have any friends.
        Me: I love you, and I consider you to be my friend, and I'm sure your parents love you and your teacher does too.
        K: But I still feel so sad.
        M: I totally understand that. I had a rough childhood too, but I survived it and life is pretty great right now. You're a strong person and you can get through this. You know you can always come talk to me if you want.
        K: Okay. Can I have a hug?
        M: Of course, anytime dude. *big hug*
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Oh god, Kanalah, you are a saint! I really hope that kid gets help. 13 is an awkward enough age without adding depression and loneliness to it!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth justhere View Post
            Precious lied through his teeth to his mother, I'm 100% positive. He doesn't want the (a) job, so he lied that there were issues with applying, and of course, once he got past that lie, he lied that he'd been rejected.
            Yes of course. I know this because Mom didn't call to ream out the store manager today. I'm betting that what happened is Mom told Precious (or he found out) that she had called us. Precious has a meltdown "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM" and either fesses up or lies again and tells her she called the wrong store.

We did some digging today, found the application. I actually was the one who took his application, and I remember him 'cause it was epic. When he came in to do the aptitude test, he first couldn't remember his SSN, so had to call MOM to get it. Once he got that, he couldn't remember the password he had chosen - so therefore the system "kept logging him out"

Comment

Quoth justhere View Post
              I'm crying. I've been there with one of my children - even years later, I'm still not sure if he was serious or just saying it to get my attention. Either way, I have him in counseling - I'd rather he be in counseling for no reason than the alternative. I hope these parents follow through.

I hope it all works out for you and your family, I have one at my work we are getting help for and have to watch.

Some humor for the darkness:

I was sent to counseling for "Depression, Anger and supposed loneliness" In reality I was fine I just didn't like people and my mother thought I was nuts because I was not a raging party animal and didn't drink or do drugs. I did go to High School full time take College classes on the side, ran my own Boat Hull cleaning business on weekends, worked a part time job at a theater and taught kids to swim 4 hours a day 5 days a week. But I was the "Crazy one" the Doc told her she needed the help.

Comment

When I was a kid, I couldn't taste anything. There were a lot of weird food issues as a result. I flat out refused to eat broken macaroni noodles because to me they legitimately tasted different. I had a lot of issues with veggies because many of them have a bit of a skin to them and I had trouble handling that texture. Despite that, there were never separate meals in my house other than maybe one or two recipes where my mom or dad would set some of it aside before adding in the stuff I didn't like. I learned to eat what I was willing to eat and to pick around what I wasn't willing to eat. My only alternative was to make something else. My parents were reasonable about it and did take my issues into consideration but not to the point where the rest of the family suffered for it. As a nice result despite still being a bit of a picky eater and not having developed much tolerance for spicy food, I can always find something I'm willing to eat at restaurants. I learned to adapt rather than my parents letting everyone adapt to me. It was a good lesson.
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

When I was a younger version of me -- Mom once sent me to counseling shortly after her re-marriage because she couldn't understand why I was less than elated to be around my new stepfather, and that I wasn't just giddy and bursting at the seams with happiness and all to have him around (I decided to avoid confrontations with him by doing just that -- avoiding him). Imagine that: a teenager who has a problem with sudden, radical familial change. What a bizarre anomaly.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh Eric, Jesus, my heart hurts for you. My mom dated a bit during my childhood, but never met anybody she was willing to go any further than dating with, and I was NOT good. Rampagingly jealous of the attention she gave them, horribly behaved, the whole 9 yards. Sadly, she didn't sit me down and discuss civil behavior towards 'any and all', she just let me roll. I'm pretty sure those poor men thought I was a skinny little devil brat. I can only imagine how I would have ramped it up if she'd gotten married!

Comment

Working...
                    X