This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media reports are highly exaggerated

So the price of oil came down last week. This prompted some twit to write a newspaper column saying the price of petrol will go below AU$1.30 a liter in the next 3 weeks. (Now that oil went up US$25 overnight it's not going to happen anyway)

Which prompted (while we're in the $1.40-$1.50 range) suckiness like:

"Should I come back tomorrow when the price is down ten cents?" (not going to happen)

"Have you guys changed your cheap day? Only it's Tuesday and you're still above $1.30." (that was a prediction for three weeks time)

"Where's my driveway service? Obviously you're offering the service since you're charging so much." (in fact when I got to work today I lowered the price so we were half a cent lower than our competitor down the street)

"Down the road they're 4 cents lower than you, you should lower your price to match them" (so they lowered their price to 5 cents below the current wholesale price in the 5 minutes since I drove past on my way here?)

And of course when the prediction doesn't come true people are going to accuse us of profiteering.

BTW, have I posted about Lung Cancer Man?

*blink* Lung Cancer Man? I don't recall reading about any such man.

Comment

I would also like to hear about Lung Cancer Man.

I have seen similar news reports over here questioning why the price of petrol has not dropped as far as it should compared to the price of oil, but since oil is brought by the dollar, the strength of the pound against the dollar iis also a factor.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post

And of course when the prediction doesn't come true people are going to accuse us of profiteering.
        Profiteering? Tell your people to get a time machine and go to teh US on 9 12 2001.

State of AR actually mass broadcast the definition of profiteering and where and how to report same the weekend before Ike. For those who care, if gas prices suddenly jump more than 10% that's grounds for action.

Comment

Working...
        X