Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow. makes me happy to stay in my state. I hate this town, but the state's awesome, and I'm going to a better town soon. only thing that sucks is I'll probably be paying $750 for an apartment there

Comment

My mom's building used to have one Section 8 guy. He got kicked out after one time too many setting off the smoke alarms (one night, my mom went up there to see if he was alright because the single mom downstairs from us was worried, and the dude was cooking while buck-naked ).

Then his son moved in. After a few underage drinking parties that woke up the entire building he also got the boot. I don't think her management company will rent to Section 8 folks anymore.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

OK $1500 for DC seems rather reasonable, considering I've seen state capitals that compete with that (carson city averages close to $1000, and that's a state capital of a state with only 3 million people, town population of 50k)

and dreamstalker, what's so weird about cooking naked... was he not in the privacy of his home?
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Well, yes...his front door was wide open though. Most people, if they're nekkid when someone knocks/bangs on their door will at least throw a towel on before answering, especially in a building with kids.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            what's so weird about cooking naked... was he not in the privacy of his home?
            Well I don't know about you, but I tend to stay away from fire or really hot things when..I'm... um....

Nevermind!
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

You have to be rally careful when frying. "Hmm, how did that extra sausage get in there?"
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                Well, yes...his front door was wide open though. Most people, if they're nekkid when someone knocks/bangs on their door will at least throw a towel on before answering, especially in a building with kids.
                well as it is that I attract naked people, that really wouldn't have surprised me that much to walk into an open door and find someone naked..

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                You have to be rally careful when frying. "Hmm, how did that extra sausage get in there?"
                *snort* that is all

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post

2 bed/2 bath apartment is running my bf and I nearly $1500/month, and that's not including gas/heat/water.

NEVER move to DC. EVER.
                  Yeah.. been there.. It's probably gone UP, but a 1 bedroom on LI cost me $1100/month and that was on the cheapo side!!

Comment

My apartment (2BR, 1 bath) is $1120 (to go up to $1142 when the lease renews in December). And that's on the low end of what we looked at. A 1BR around here your probably looking at $800 at least, more likely in the $900 range. I actually pay $620 though, because I have the bigger bedroom (probably about an extra 5 feet on the long end, and I have 2 closets). We figured out the cost per square foot and did the math (then rounded to make it even numbers).
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      OK $1500 for DC seems rather reasonable, considering I've seen state capitals that compete with that (carson city averages close to $1000, and that's a state capital of a state with only 3 million people, town population of 50k)
                      Holy cow, Nevada's gotten expensive! When I got my apartment in Vegas 6 years ago, I was paying under $600 a month in rent. I stayed at that complex for 3 years.

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
                        It could be that everyone that lives there is not supposed to be in that house. A lot of times a person will quailfy to live in a section 8 house with just their kids and they move in their entire family.
                        I have a friend that lives in a really nice apartment and only her and her daughter are allowed to live there. But her loser boyfriend lives with them and he gets to kick back and enjoy the free rent. My friend pays like $60 a month in rent.
                        That was the case with my dad's partner's first and last Section 8. She was fine but her baby daddy and his homies were another story.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
                          Holy cow, Nevada's gotten expensive! When I got my apartment in Vegas 6 years ago, I was paying under $600 a month in rent. I stayed at that complex for 3 years.
                          want to guess which state was one of the hardest hit by the collapse of the housing bubble (which btw is entirely the fault of greedy realtors and mortgage brokers who sold homes that they knew damned well people wouldn't be able to afford, but hey it was easy money for them while it lasted )... if you guessed Nevada was really hard hit you'd be right... and now sense the housing market is in the shits no one is even trying to buy or sell homes which has lead to an increase in demand in the rental market... oh and northern nevada has always had more expensive real estate than vegas... land is more limited up north (we have mountains to contend with , build that vegas )

Comment

Working...
                          X