This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I already told you, madam!!!!

I was ringing briefly today (not my normal job, but I needed to clear out a line) when this woman came through and asked me very politely if we had any Halloween paper yet.

SC: Do you have Halloween paper?

Me: No, sorry. Not yet.

SC: OK.

*I continue ringing her stuff in*

SC: Excuse me, do you have Halloween paper?

Me:

I looked up from bagging her stuff and realized she was asking the cashier at the next register!!

Now, I know that it's depressingly typical for an SC to ask another employee if the first one (or the second, or the third) doesn't tell them what they want to hear, but two seconds after I told her and while I'm RIGHT THERE?!?!?!

Other Cashier: Um....I don't think so....Dave1982? (she'd been busy with her own customer and hadn't heard the woman ask me the first time).

Me (sternly): No, like I said, ma'am.

SC: Oh, ok. That's disappointing.

No, what's really disappointing (but not terribly surprising) is your lack of manners, madam.

I didn't bother saying "thank you have a nice day" when she finished checking out.

Then......

.......and I'm rather loath to admit this......

.......but....it turned out we actually did have Halloween paper.......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

People like that are part of the reason I quit training. It was so infuriating to try to follow proper policy and procedure, and teach it to newbies, yet they wouldn't believe me or wanted to try shortcuts, and would go asking other people.

I HATE IT.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The classic one for me is when a lady asked me to check for more furniture in backstock. I looked, and we were out. I expected to be yelled at, but she was very nice about it, and that really made my day.

For about ten minutes.

Then I get a call from a coworker asking if we had the same piece of furniture in the back. "Oh," he says, "you might have helped this woman already." And I know the lady's standing right there with him, which is sweet.

I go out, it's the same lady, and I tell her, once again, that NO, we do not have this product. At least she had the good graces to look slightly abashed.

Jackass. I wouldn't have been as pissed if she hadn't given me that glimmer of hope, only to crush it mercilessly.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I like it when they ask a second CW who goes back to ask me. Even better if they say, "let me ask the PIC of <dept>" and they come directly me with the SC in tow.

Comment

Ah, the old second opinion routine. Recently at the custard stand, a guy asked me for a chocolate and vanilla soft-serve cone. I told him that, sorry, we only make custard here.

"But you had it last week," he protested.

No, sorry, but that's not possible since we only have a custard machine and not any sort of soft-serve pump.

The guy looks dissapointed, but orders a regular cone.

Sure enough, when the girl brings out his order he tries to talk her into getting him some of that soft-serve we had last week. She of course tells him the same thing I said.

I'm pretty sure that when the guy left he was still convinced we were hiding a few thousand bucks worth of soft-serve equipment somewhere in back.

Comment

The best thing yet. Is when they ask your coworker right in front of you. After you told them no.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

In defense of the customer, I've had employees tell me that they don't have an item ... gone and done the rest of my shopping and ran into the item I wanted.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                The classic one for me
                Btw I have to tell you I loved the treatment you gave the second time on your comic (the guy that tells her "ok let me check")
                I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

This happened when I was at register. A man and a woman were checking out through my line, and while I was bagging, the man said, "Oh, we have one of your coupons that expires today. Is there anyway I can use it later?" I told him it was fine, just bring in the coupon with the receipt of an order within the time period and we can honor it at the CS desk. My manager had seen me bagging alone, and came up to help, and the guy asked my manager the same question, and got the exact same answer. I kind of looked up in surprise, and his wife noticed and said, "She just answered your question!"

At least she had the grace to be embarrassed for husband's silliness.

Comment

For me, the best ones are when they ask ME for an item, I tell them that we are out but it's on order...

Then they go to my BOSS and ask him.

That's because the boss doesn't do the ordering, I do.

So he has to walk 10 feet to ask ME the same question that the SC just asked me, and I give HIM the same answer.

All the while, the SC usually has this expresion ( ) on their face...

"Why are you asking HIM??? Aren't YOU the boss here?"

"Yes, but he does the ordering..."

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                      Jackass. I wouldn't have been as pissed if she hadn't given me that glimmer of hope, only to crush it mercilessly.
                      Now now, Apathy. You shouldn't have been as pissed, because she had a glimmer of hope, only to have you crush it mercilessly
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                      X