This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned!

Kaetchen and I are in charge of handing out keys for the college we work at.

The college used to be on one key system, but we have slowly been changing it over. Right now, the main building has been finished and we're on to the smaller buildings around campus. The GED building was recently completed. I have only been working here for 2 building change overs. The first one was a breeze, which is saying a lot considering I had just started doing the keys at the time.

This second one has been interesting. The director of the GED building had let everone have building masters (can get into all doors) because she mistook that for the front door key. Once that was sorted out, there was the problem with M (the guy who changes the locks and makes the keys) making us a bad batch of front door keys. For the most part everyone was very patient about it. Except one lady.

This lady (S) is crabby. She came up originally to get her keys swapped for the new ones. At that time, I was still just changing out everyone for what they had already had and had already run out of master keys. Sometimes people have to wait on keys. They get told that they can wait and they will get an email when the key is ready. Making extra keys for 'just in case' is why there is a whole drawer of excess keys that really shouldn't have been made.

She gets grouchy about that but comes back later to get her keys. At this point, I know what keys she needs so she gets exactly that. A front door key, an office key, and a classroom key. Of course, she ended up with one of the front door keys from the bad batch, at which point she came up and chewed me out. Her supervisor was nice enough to call me later appologizing for her being so rude. I can't remember if she was one of the ones who had to come back twice before I realized that the whole batch of keys was bad or not.

My shift is 7-3 and Kaetchen is 3-7. Apparently, S came in on Thursday after 3 when Kaetchen was home sick. Our dispatcher told her to come back on Friday before 3. She didn't, though I was home sick that day anyway. So at some point on Friday I suddenly get a text from Kaetchen asking me to verify where certain keys were since I had just finished moving stuff around and hadn't updated the book yet.

As we're texting back and forth, I find out what's going on. S has come back. Apparently one of her other keys didn't work. She is insisting that she has had to change out this key 3 times already. Not true. That's the first time for this key. The other one was her front door key. Also, she's beratting Kaetchen for not having given her the right key. According to our records, which were given to us by the guy who installed the locks, S was given the correct key, not to mention, I'm the one who gave it to her, not Kaetchen so she would be yelling at the wrong person anyway.

Because sometimes the locks are just a bit tricky, Kaetchen sent an officer down there to make sure it was the right key. I wouldn't have put it past S to have just given up the second it wasn't a smooth turn. All the time down there, S is beratting our poor officer (P). Now P is a nice guy but even he was apparently getting irritated with S. It turns out that the key we had written down for that door is the wrong key. I don't know how that happened. M sounded confused about it when I talked to him as well.

Yesterday Kaetchen and I talked to Chief. S has been a reacurring pain in the ass for a while now. Chief talked to S's supervisor and later told me that S is no longer allowed at our desk. If she needs to call for an emergency, fine. Honestly, if she suddenly came up for an emergency I'm sure she wouldn't be turned away (we're also the college's police department). If she wants keys though, she has to go through her supervisor and sign them out through her because she can't come here for them anymore! That was awesome to here. I love having a boss who gets pissed off when people abuse his dispatchers! I do wish I could have seen S's face when she was told she couldn't come up here anymore though.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

We had a "customer" like that when I worked in a mail center for a company. I've posted this before so I'll keep it short, but basically he came down on three separate occasions looking for a letter/package that had "gone missing". Each time, of course it was a Very Important Package for some celebrity or other, and he would throw a MASSIVE temper tantrum, throwing things, banging his fist on the wall and counter, kicking the walls. Each time we found it where it should be, on his desk. Finally, his ass was banned.

I loved having a customer service job where I could report assholes to their manager. Also bear in mind that people who can't keep their temper usually can't keep their job. This guy was fired only a few months later .
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Yay

Now I just need him to chew other people out. lol

Last night, since I was covering for D, it was kinda hectic at one point. Well one of our full-timers called like an hour ahead asking for a door unlocked. (I HATE that, and they could just call when they need it, or uh...get a damn key for it since he's TEACHING in there.) Well, 2 after 6, when I told him we'd be there 5 minutes before, he calls. I was like "*!* Sorry! It's kinda busy....." and he just tore into me about it. Starts screaming "COME! ON! This is RIDICULOUS! I have students down there, and they probably LEFT already because you're too stupid to remember to tell someone to open a gdamn door! *arwarawrararwrara*" Then I asked him what door it was again because, retarded me, I lost it. THen he just gets even more pissed off and I hung up, sent G down there but I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything to the guy about it. Best part? When G got down there, it was already opened.

Comment

As an update, S emailed Chief. She made this big long appology and said how out of charactor it was for her (it's not) and how now because of this one thing, she will forever be judged by us (making it sound passively like we're hating her because of this one time thing which it isn't and we don't hate her, we just don't want her around) and how now not only does she fear for her safety (because of course, if there's an emergency, we're so unprofessional as to not send her an officer if there's an emergency) but every time she uses her key she will feel sad for the events that happened. Oh yeah and how all of this has changed her relationship with her boss. Her boss already knew she was a bitch.

Kaetchen, as far as the teacher last night, tell Chief. He's in a punk stompin mood
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
        X